Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Strange problem.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 01:06
Hi

Im making a game were you escape from a jail.
I wan`t a guard to be death when i run the game so i go to the guards propoties and set hes health to 0. Then i run the game but the guard still just standing up and playing animation.
How can i script him to be death when the level starts?

Thanks

The Nerd

looking for Royalty free 3D objects?
then Check PanzerGames at this link : http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
Prancer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 02:47
I believe when the health is set to 0 it means invulnerable. I'm not sure how to make the person dead in teh beginning. Try changing the appear script to the leavecorpse.fpi or something along those lines.
npsken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 02:59
i belive there are some objects of dead people.

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 03:25
I haven't found any yet.

Ego de Kaite Kudasai!
game Spacer
Years of Service
User Offline
The nearest thing to what you want is pick an "unarmed" model and he just stands ideling.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 05:03
The only way to make a character dead would be to create a new FPI script which essentially instantly kills the character and sets their animation frame to one of the dead-poses within the animation data of the character object. Check out the DESTROY folder and the FPI sciprt called LEAVECORPSE.FPI for an idea how to freeze the character as dead, and the FPI script THROWBACK.FPI in the PEOPLE folder to find out how to change animation frames of the character. The manual has details of ALL the animation poses, most of which are unused in EA

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
Nightbyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Excuse me if I'm wrong for I do not have the software but...how about creating a trigger zone at the start of the game that kills the guard? Can you do that?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 21:42:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 21:42:27