Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Friendlies? How To Question.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 01:13
I want a few of the characters to not shoot at me and also follow me and shoot at other enemies. Is that possible?

"Beware of people who try and belittle your ambitions. Small people do that. The really great people are the ones who make you feel that you too can become great" --Mark Twain
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
You would think with creative scripting you almost could, but alas while there are commands to follow a player about (see the chase.fpi script) there doesn't seem to be any scripting actions specifically for this. There may be something you can do with the "target" actions - settarget, rotatetotarget, lookattarget, etc. but I'm a little unclear about how these work yet.

If it's possible maybe someone will code a sidekick.fpi script. Worth casting a vote for when TGC begins polling us about V1.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 01:36
Agreed
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 05:39
Yes the target actions where designed with this sort of thing in mind, ie friendlies shooting with you, asking the guy with the monster rocket to shoot the hot air baloon entity, etc. In EA, all the entity shooting is directed at the player, so suggestions on a postcard when the bug base is opened up (should not take too long).

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 10:06:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 10:06:33