Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Help Improving Frames

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 02:56
I am getting really poor framerates, but my comp is a 3 ghz: 1g ram:Radeon 9800 All-In-Wonder. If anyone has any tips in level creation that i should do to improve frames please tell. Also the lvl I am working on has enemies walking on waypoints, does that down the frames badly?
fpsdave
Years of Service
User Offline
I've noticed that dynamic lights are a real killer.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 05:08
press TAB in test game mode will reveal which area is taking up all your performance. If many characters are being used to follow waypoints and the area is generally flat, one trick is to replace the INIT AP called appear1.fpi to PEOPLE\appearnofloorlogic.fpi which will switch the character to a faster form of wall collision detection allowing more characters to occupy a smaller area. Dynamic light slowdown is caused by the job of relighting every entity within their vicinity each cycle, and there can be 30 cycles per second. I realise there must be a cheatier (faster) way of doing this, so I will look at this for V1!

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 18:12:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 18:12:19