Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Free AI Script - No Bugs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 04:30 Edited at: 13th Feb 2005 05:08
Well the AI that comes with FPS Creator isn't amazing, so I've written a simple little script of my own that does the job nicely.

This AI is very simple. Basically when the player comes into view the baddie will run towards him until they're within 400 units or they get shot at, then they will shoot back. Also it's got code in there to make them chase the player for a while if they try to run away, but for some reason that doesn't happen even though the code looks correct.

Because this script is nice and simple the baddie is never going to get stuck and it was made so that the baddie is always looking at the player, so as soon as they're in view the player will be shot at.

It works very nicely for random baddies that are just standing around in rooms, or placed just around the corner.

Use it freely!

EDIT: I did a little update to make it a bit smoother.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 04:38
cool!

Ego de Kaite Kudasai!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 04:38
Great to see one of the first AI scripts from a user. I did not expect one so soon (ie, less than one day).

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
Ali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 04:40
Does the chase part of it work for anyone? If a baddie sees you, then you run off round a corner it should follow. But on my computer it doesn't.
Ali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 05:49
Okay. I've worked out that the reason it's not working perfectly is that I need a custom shooting script to go with it. Which I've just been working on but it's not quite finished. I'll have another go tomorrow.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 15:50:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 15:50:18