Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSCreator wont run - DBPro Error!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Installed FPSCreator as stated - Installed DirectXc previously and is running on AMD 1.8Ghz, XP Pro with ATI Raddeon 9800 Pro Card.

Getting the following error when I try and run both the editor and the demo game:

Dark Basic Pro - Enhancements Expansion Pack Runtime Error

What des this mean - anyone help? Been looking forward to gettng this package for months and I can't get it to work!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 06:13
Mike will know this one, at mike@thegamecreators.com or he may respond here later in the posts. The features of the enhancement pack used are the file mapping commands, but may be crashing through some initailisation of another of its features that your system is conflicting with. Sounds meaningless yes, and hopefully Mike can send you something to test your system with to find out the why and the how-to-fix. In the meantime, check out the commands of the enhancement pack elsewhere on the site and see if any of the commands share resources with someting unusual you have installed on your XP system.

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 06:18
This error is related to a sound problem. Do you have a sound card installed?

It's also possible that this is a DLL conflict. Look in your local settings folder\temp in documents and settings, for me this folder is at "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike Johnson\Local Settings\Temp". Delete any folders in there that start with dbpdata.

Have you installed FPSC to the default directory? If not which directory have you installed to?

Please send me an email so I know your email address and we can sort something out.

Mike
Morphius 68
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply - you were right, it is an audio driver issue my end!

I'll sort this out and see if it fixes the problem. Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 15:41:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 15:41:05