Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC And DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
now that it\'s out... can anyone see if any of the content be loaded into a dbPro project...

dev team... any dbpro/fpsc integration possible?

thx

--Mike
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 06:46
My plan is to get DBPro up to the upgrade level of the version I am using now for FPSC, and then I can release some source code which lets you exploit more than just the textures and models. You can imagine quite a bit of work getting from an internal set of nicely performing new commands to an upgrade with fully tested commads, help entries, example programs and making sure nothing bad happens to U5.7 users at the same time.

I am curious what the interest would be in purcashing the entire game engine source code to FPSC. That is, compiling an FPSC DBA in U6 and getting the exact same executable you get when you build the final executable. I was going to release a level roaming program to get DBPro users started migrating their FPSC levels, but why rewrite code when I have the definitive source code sitting on my hard drive. Should it be free, part of a license pack or sold solo. If I sell it, would support be expected from it (ie 'Lee, what does line 15687 mean?', 'can I have V1..9 of the source code?'). I am currently favouring adding it as part of a license pack, because essentially you can remove the end splash with full source code control, and just about change anything you like. What is the value of such a product? Is it worth my focus, or continue on DBPro and FPSC-Retail? Good questions I think.

You can try loading the DBO files produced from the optimizer within FPSC from the Z files it natively uses. Not sure if it will work in U5.7, but worth an experiment!

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 06:56
As long as it will be availiable for use in DarkSDK, I dont mind how you do it.

Visit http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~nickk/
Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.
White Mail Revived
Years of Service
User Offline
technically, you can get the splash to go by either adding your own company pic in place of the graphic("freeware.jpg" to be exact) in the files folders or just making it all black in a editor but your user will have extra time to wate in the end without knowing why. This was just incase you wanted to know. (I know how to change the msgbox in the 3d gammaker too!)

1% done...
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 07:08
Try it with FPSC and let me know how you get on

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 08:21
Lee,
Just to see I copied the Sample SciFi game over to another directory, went to where the Freeware Jpeg message is and proceeded to make it all black. Then I fired up the game. First message I got was, Freeware message corrupt. Now Exiting Game. So much for that White Mail Revived.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
White Mail Revived
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry! I hadn't tested it all the way!

1% done...
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 09:02 Edited at: 13th Feb 2005 09:04
Thanks for the informative response Lee...

hey, upgrading DBPro, that sounds like a plan... my main interest is the eyecandy that FPSC gives the developer, along with the ability to code the resources (editor output) freely...

FPSC shaders and graphics... dbpro coding control... that would be a first rate ticket... i really like what i've seen so far... but i need the ability to have a lil more control over the scenery elements, and need to be able to incorporate networking...

--Mike
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 09:45
[href]As long as it will be availiable for use in DarkSDK, I dont mind how you do it.[/href]

Even if it did work on Dark Game SDK the license would keep you from ever legally compiling it. FPSC is not a game and can be used to make many games. Or did I miss something in my sleepy state.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 17:27:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 17:27:49