Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Entities and their names

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 02:05
I'm having a huge problem on my current game. I changed the usekey for a door to "key6" then I renamed the key entity to "key6" but when I changed the name of any entity in the level all of the entities become "key6" or whatever I change them to. I need help.
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 02:10
Hmm, that doesnt sound right. I've just created 2 doors and 2 keys, changed the name of one key to key1 and the other to key2 with no problems.

Could you attach your .fpm file to this thread so I can check.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Prancer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 02:16
No need. For some reason it started to work. I just tested the game and when I went back to the editor the entities were all back to their default names and I changed the key's name and everything worked fine.
I guess FPSC can self heal
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I get weird video refresh things like this too. For example I might change a zombie's death animation to crumble.fpi and suddenly all the zombies in the level have it listed as that.

I think it's just a video thing though as windows struggles to keep the interface updated while displaying the overhead level render.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 16:08:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 16:08:00