Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Darkmatter Graphic Packs are they compatible

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 20:12
Hi all, in the back of the FPSC manual it refers to some of the other products that are available. One of these adverts mentions a graphics pack called Darkmatter. Does anyone know if this is compatible with FPSC. Sorry if this has already been asked.
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 20:31
i think it is.
But im not sure.

looking for Royalty free 3D objects?
then Check PanzerGames at this link : http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
They're not rigged for FPSC so unless you need pretty statues for your game...

Actually there are some objects which would not need animation (ammo boxes, vehicles, etc.) that could be used as entities. Be sure to inspect the preview pages carefully to be aware of what you are getting with each Dark Matter pack so you know whether you need those items or not for your game.
Crix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 20:50
So just to clarify, all of the graphic packs are compatible with FPSC but only as static items?

Would it just be a case of dropping the graphics into the folder for entities? and selecting them in the editor.

Thanks for the replies so far.
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So just to clarify, all of the graphic packs are compatible with FPSC but only as static items?"

Yes.

I'm not sure if scripting will allow you to run any of the Darkmatter animations.

Quote: "Would it just be a case of dropping the graphics into the folder for entities? and selecting them in the editor."

No. (but close!)

You would drop in the .x file (3d model) and the .dds file (texture)

You would also have to create a little .fpe file for them using notepad. You could copy an existing .fpe and just edit it to point to the correct model and texture.

One more thing - the weapons that come with Darkmatter would not be "plug and play" for FPSC. You would need to do a lot of work to make them as actual weapons you could use in the game (see the manual for the tutorial on creating your own weapons)

I have Darkmatter 1 so in a day or two I will run some tests and see how the items look and feel in the game and if there's anything special that needs to be done (like rescaling them). I'll post the results and a screencap here for everybody.
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 22:14
I have DarkMatter also, try a test on the cars. They only have 1 animation and thats drive. If you do get the animation for the cars wheels to spin then all you do is when the car stops set the animation to off or whatever...
No budget games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 23:43 Edited at: 15th Feb 2005 23:44
no no darkmatter 2 object can be used in fpsc so can charcter shop ones its accepts any bone based models for charcters however you will have to animate and rig them yourself i suggest character fx. You'll have to ask the staff exactly how to rig them as i havent tried yet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 19:57:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 19:57:31