Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Draw Segment as Elispe etc

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 22:21
The Draw Tools - Draw Segment as Line, Rectangle, Elipse - How are these supposed to work technically speaking? I know you choose the tools and use them.

What is meant by an Elipse? Described as drawing circular rooms? I cant do that - Anyone Draw a Circular room?

Whichever of the 3 tools I use I end up drawing single tile square rooms which can be joined together - the end result is the same tools for all tools - square or oblong shape walls or corridors. Same as using normal paint segment tools.

I cant see that its technically possible to draw a Circular room in FPSC as that would require a walls to be drawn at angles?

I must be missing the plot here
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 22:35 Edited at: 15th Feb 2005 22:35
I used the elipse tool and it just created a circular arrangement of segments, but they still of course all had corners, etc.

I think the tools are designed just for painting down huge areas of the same segement. Several methods for doing the exactly the same thing - not very useful really (to me anyway). Rectangle would suffice. no need for line and ellipse.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 22:43
Yes thanks for that as I thought.

Well some time shortly I may try and see if I can get some walls built from making a 45 degree or other wall/room entity myself and see if I can improve on circular type rooms. Dont hold me too it though as I am largely experimenting at the moment seeing what can be done - and building some stuff I can use as I go.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 02:13
Think of them like this:

You want to paint a grass texture, stick a water pond in the middle, surround it by rocks and scatter plants about.

Grass = square block the whole area.
Pond = filled circle perhaps?
Rocks = elipse around the edge
Plants = spray brush

Basically they're just shortcuts to make everything not look so... well.. square in distribution.

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 20:11:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 20:11:39