Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Is thier a BIG dif. for DB and DBpro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 16:20
Like not exact same programing or just some more cammands?
-Troan
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 16:34
People have mentioned differences elsewhere in this forum - but here's something to bear in mind: DBPro is going to be developed and will evolve a long way in the coming year. DB will not. The language is of course similar and yes there are lots of new commands, but the fact still remains stick with DB only on the understanding that is as far as it's going to go for the forseeable future.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
CarlTaylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2003 08:25
DB's not gonna come out with *another* db soon, are they? i was about to get DB original and then pro came out and i dont wanna get original cuz pro is better and advancing more, but pro is too expensive for me at the moment. i dont wanna get pro for 100 bux and then in a year have it be obsolete.

baseball = life
Necrym
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2003 10:16
Yes its like DB is some programming respects but alot more powerful and lots more enhancements to come. I dont think this one will be obsolete anytime soon the foundation they are developing for DBP is quite expandable which is vastly diffent than the original DB. If you have the option i would recommend going for DBP.

Watch the bouncing cursor - now in 3d
ShockFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2003 23:31
so what comes after pro anyway? i mean surely DBP is already maxed out with features that people will be quite pleased with DBP and wont want to upgrade to a new and better version. Maybe the dbs team shoulda made a worse job at dbp so people would by the next one up lol.

But is dbs ltd. quite a rich company? i mean, since they probably only get about £20 per purchase on dbp, you woulda thought they'd be bankrupt by now. Maybe licensing would of been the best way to go, although i dont like to say it. Maybe expanding into other niche markets would be best, i mean there are alot more people wanting to buy games rather than program them. Ohwell, then again i dont know how dbs ltd are coming along do i? Tell me to mind my own business lol, which i will soon lol
ShockFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2003 23:32
wow, that was off topic

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 04:31:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 04:31:59