Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Mouselook?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I'm new to programming in darkbasic I've been messing around with it for a few days now, and I understand how to load objects rotates them, and move the camera around. I've run into a small problem though! I'm using the mouse to trun the camera left and right, and that works fine. The problem occurs when I press the right mouse button which is supposed to move the camera forward. It seems like the camera is looking in one direction, but not actually rotating the camera to the new position; so no matter what direction the camera is looking in, it always moves "forward" in the same direction! I tried using

yrotate camera angley# (angley# is set to camera angle y())

but that seems to conflict with my code that lets you use the mouse to look left and right:

turn camera left mouselooky# - mousemovex()
turn camera right mouselooky# + mousemovex()

the camera angle being outputted is also very strange. it seems to go from 0 to 90, 90 to 0, 0 to -90, and -90 back to 0. That is turning in a clockwise direction. I looked through the other pages in the forum and I didn't see any questions about this subject, so any help would be appreciated in fixing this! Thanks!
reptilezero
Years of Service
User Offline
ack!

if mouseclick() = 2 then move camera 10.0
if downkey()=1 then move camera -10.0

fixed it!
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 23:47
Here's my mouselook code:

reptilezero
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahhh. Thanks a lot! I think this will help out a lot! Is there any sources on the net that contain tutorials on how to do stuff in DarkBASIC? The stuff in the book is a little simplistic for what I'm interested in doing Thanks for your help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 03:59:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 03:59:19