Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Massive Noob Question Coming At Ya!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2003 11:33
Hey everyone,
Ok here goes:
is it just me, or does the fade object coming do absolute jack? I know what its supposed to do but I never see any difference in any of my code whenever I try to use. Would've been nice to get different ghosting levels with it.
Thanks in advance,
Sina.
"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
Epidemicz
Years of Service
User Offline
FADE OBJECT
This command will make the specified 3D object fade to the current ambient light level. With ambient light set to zero and the object
faded using a value of zero, the object will be completely unlit. With a fade value of 200 its illumination will be doubled. With a fade
value of 50, the illumination is halved. This technique can also be used with a ghosted object to slowly fade an object until completely
invisible. The parameter should be specified using an integer value.

SYNTAX
FADE OBJECT Object Number, Fade Value

It is possible to get differnt ghosting levels, heh. Try this, I think this is what you are talking about.

I am the very disease you pretend to be.
Epidemicz
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol, that one rem says ambient light; it should say fade, heh. I don't know what I was thinking....

I am the very disease you pretend to be.
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2003 02:12
Ok sweet, hope this works.
Thanks heaps,
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 07:28:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 07:28:40