Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / db and special effects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2003 17:19
can i use with db(not pro)reflections transperent items
lens flare shiny objects...
any ideas how can i make nice raining effects?
Dont forget the retro games
freak
Years of Service
User Offline
you could fake a reflection in a room by just having each object twice (mirrored over the floor plane) in you scene and the floor set transparent with "set ghost object on objectnr,1"

pagio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2003 22:44
other effects?
i think only pro versin support these

Dont forget the retro games
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2003 23:40
You have to make your own lens flare by texturing plains with big coronas and stars, and then pointing them at the camera and moving them in accordance with the sun. DBPro to my knowledge has no built in lens flare effect.

You can have transparent objects using the ghost object command.

In DBPro you can have sphere and cube mapping, which is useful for shiny objects, but no specular mapping. You can't do this easily in DB.

Rain you could do by having a rain animation and playing it on several plains, to make the effect of 3d rain. Or, a simple rain animated sprite that fills the screen. Or, if you're using pro, some particle effects, although I've not managed to get reallistic looking rain using particles.
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2003 17:57
I would have a go at coding a sphere mapping algorithm for DBClassic - I think I know how, but I don't have the enhancement pack, so no memblocks for me. Damn.

There are lots of special effects that can be done, you've just got to use a few tricks and a lot of trial and error to get them to look good.

Oh, well; back to the text .x editing...

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:36:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:36:34