Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / LIMB ANGLE Z reads 0 all the time. Why?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2003 20:18
Hi

I am trying to use LIMB ANGLE Z() and I get a return value of 0 all the time. LIMB ANGLE X and Y work fine on my model though. Z shouldn't be zero. Why is this?

Thanks for your help.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2003 21:36
You should have called this post 'I've posted everywhere. Why?'

Just once is enough.
Gilfalas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2003 22:04
So I am right to assume that you don't have a clue either? So you decided to just be rude... that's ok.. I feel with you..

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2003 23:57
No. I happen to know it's a bug that's been in existance 'forever' in DBv1.

What was rude was to plaster your post over half the boards in this forum. This is one of the reasons for the post 'Forum for Pro's and Inter's only?' within the DBPro board.
Gilfalas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2003 00:16
Sorry man...
I really got off on the wrong foot on this forum. Honestly I don't want to be rude or anything. I guess I was just desperately looking for help and have overdone a bit.

Actually I first posted on the noob board since I am one. I checked for answers a couple of times, and since nobody read my post I thought that the noob board wouldn't get me any further. Same thing on DB Classic board.

So I tried DBPro because I thought that those guys who use the Pro version probably have more knowledge about the language than any others.

Let's just start over again and get off on a friendlier basis ok? No harm intended here.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2003 00:55
Sometimes it takes a while for people to answer - It may seem sometimes like some of us live here, but we don't really

And us DBDNers had a small distraction this morning and this evening - hush hush - That should wind a few people up
Gilfalas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2003 01:34
Do you have any idea how to work arround that problem?

I tried to glue an object to the limb and then get angle through the object. But somehow this doesn't work either.
Is it possible to glue more than one object to another. Like glueing two objects onto one?

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 19:39
Afraid not. That's not to say that there isn't a way though, but it would need someone more knowledgable about 3D maths than me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 00:38:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 00:38:55