Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Sakita (Zelda ripoff) demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 01:19
Complete ripoff, that's pretty obvious.
The game is modelled after the original Zelda mostly, in terms of it's complexity, and erm, graphics. It's therefore a 2D game, and it is also my first game in DarkBasic.

This is just a little demo to show off what I have so far. You can control Sakita around a small island in the game, which is all I have 'drawn' so far. You can pick up a sword, a bow and fight various slimes around the island. Not much, but it is a very early demo
The game should work with a control pad.
A button or on the keyboard is your secondary weapon
C button or SPACE on the keyboard calls inventory

The jazzed up version of the zelda world tune was provided by a friend. The tune in the caves was downloaded from vgmusic.com
http://www.tifu.homestead.com/files/zips/Sakita.zip
The majority of the game has been planned out, as far as where levels are, what items will be got, i've actually already programmed in all the secondary weapons, which was probably the most tedious bit so far (damn hookshot!) It will have 5 'complete' levels and 2 or three smaller dungeons. But that's much later, just enjoy the demo for now
OldTifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 01:21
Uh, seems to be a little odd bit in my last post...
A button or , on the keyboard is your sword/talk/open
B button or . on the keyboard is your secondary weapon
C button or SPACE is your inventory screen.

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 17:50
thats pretty good for a first! reminded me a lot of the zelda oldies! keep up the good work!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 22:17
Yes, for a first attemp this is very promising

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 00:30
interesting... very very very small on my desktop (i might need glasses if i played to long )

you mind turning the music down in it?
i kinda always did get a little piss'd with how darkbasic's standard volumes is set to "louder than HELL!"

hope to see more don't set the collision to sprites though, do an overhead array for it with each square being collide or not - will work so much better

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
OldTifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 01:01
Heh yeah, should be easy enough I assume to add a music control in the game...

Being a n00b and all, i'm not too sure what you mean about the overhead array bit.
I'm not actually using sprites for collisions, the reason being I made a similar game in Qbasic, and figured i'd keep it as close to that as poss. so I know what i'm doing
I'm using a system more like:

Probably not the most efficent way, but I understand it at least
diablowhm
Years of Service
User Offline
hehe can someone teach me how to do that... im a newb and i really want to make a zelda like game but i ahve no idea where to start

if anyone has some spare time and wants to teach me some stuff (im a good learner) email me at diablowhm@aol.com or im me... diablowhm

-thnx

darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
how do you open the chests?

[br]mikey
darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
nm

[br]mikey
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 02:06
i dunno if its my comp, but does it run really fast for everyone, so fast that you cant really control the character, its a shame cos it looks great.
darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
works fine for me

[br]mikey
TRM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2003 21:22
Very nice, I'm also trying to make a Zelda game in DarkBasic... I've already made most of the engine in GameMaker, but would like to convert it... would you be able to send me a tutorial?

Ocarina of Time 2D
http://www.danielbarras.com
Wolfish King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2003 23:41
It looks good. Very good.

TRM, are you using Darkbasic too? I hope you making a good Zelda game. What about Ocarina of Time in 2D?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 18:57:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 18:57:05