Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Katey's Quest

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 14:50
Zergei: Ah yeah, Zero was kinda hard, the first one seemed harder than the second though, haven't tried anything newer than that...

PiratSS: You must have just seen the demo way back in March D=
Thanks for comments

David iz cool: Congrats and thanks

I've been doing lots of planning for chapter 2, and even 3 and 4 are ploted out in some detail Glee! The one benefit to working far from home and having to sit on a bus for 20 minutes each way.

Zergei
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 18:01
Quote: "Ah yeah, Zero was kinda hard, the first one seemed harder than the second though, haven't tried anything newer than that...
"

Zero2 is the hardest at first, but later on it gets easire. Try MMZ4 for an easy game...
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 01:41
one last comment Tifu, i like the way u coded the camera to move toward the book,& then the book started turning the pages.pretty cool!
ShuFFs
Years of Service
User Offline
cant jump.

katey has some pertty good levels and everything. try "smoothing" out the motion and everything so it doesnt look as "choppy", if you know what i mean. graphics could be a bit better too. overall pretty good.

http://www.revonyx.com
Zergei
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 04:49
Quote: "cant jump.
"

Katey can only jump once you did the feather caldron thing.... and you gotta be next to a 1 square cliff, in order to "jump" (it actually looks as if she climbed)...
Tifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 14:12 Edited at: 9th Nov 2005 14:12
It's a weird world where we aassume characters should be able to jump. I don't know any 7 year olds that can jump higher than their height myself (course, I suppose I don't know any that could survive the kind of falls Katey's been jumping down, but still...)

I did intend her to actally "jump" once she got the feather potion thing, but it quickly become apparent such an ability is not at home in a game like this. You could jump over enemies D=!
Also, it was much easier to code it to only happen when next to a block ^_^ heee

The graphics, and "choppy"ness of them is one of the reasons why the sequals will be in 3D no need to worry about drawing hundreds of lil sprites to animate. Also allows for neat stuff like lighting and such. 2D hates me =P
I'll probably still keep the story book for the intro and ending, as people have commented positively on that, and a 3D cutscene might not have the same "cute" factor but aside from that, 3D ahoy!

Genesis Rage
Years of Service
User Offline
um... just like to say i hate this game...
but in a good way, spent about 4 hours playing it non-stop, its VERY addictive

some of the boss levels are a bit tough due to timing issues. such as coming to a ladder and climbing it, the monsters can switch from walking to climbing much faster than a person can switch what keys they are pressing.

but aside from the aggravations of having monsters kill me its very good... and did i mention addictive!

P4 3.5 GHz HT, 1 GHz FSB, 1 GB PC4000, ATI Radeon 9800XT
Zergei
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 04:18
Quote: "such as coming to a ladder and climbing it, the monsters can switch from walking to climbing much faster than a person can switch what keys they are pressing"

you sure?, i know more than one that can do it, plus, you should try fooling the enemy, as you can jump of from a ladder, but no so the enemy, so you gain time and distance....
jahmagic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 04:58
nice game tifu! I only got to play the first level though. very addicting!

Great Job!
Tifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 20:02
Agh, game is out for months and today I get the weirdest error report on my forums i've ever seen...

forum post

That is just weird o_O and it's only affecting the monster and title screen sprites it seems... anyone have the slightest clue what this could be the cause of D=

David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2005 07:32
hey Tifu,could u post some screens when u have anything for Kateys quest II??

Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2005 10:18
Hi Tifu,

I've had this problem reported to me as well, but I never figured out what it was, other than if you are setting image loading flags to 1 (ie: no mip-mapping), this may cause the problem.

The painful way is to have an option to turn these off incase a user is having the problem.

- Drew

Tifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2005 11:08 Edited at: 24th Nov 2005 11:11
David iz Cool: Of course I will
All I have right now is a doodle and a little comic though. Nothing particularly relevent to KQ2, except for that first picture... as she will have a staff to fly from level to level on (Possibility of a subgame of some kind... otherwise, just a plot device) - she refuses to fly on a broom so she gets a magical staff instead

Drew: ah, thanks... well that's a pain and I think not having that ",1" at the end causes other graphical glitches. Damned either way D=

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool game. Only problem is when you are standing on a sign and call up the menu, you can't do any of the options, because the sign text comes up instead when you press z.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 10:35:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 10:35:06