Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Matrix texturing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 13:44
I want to texture my matrix. However I want different images for differnt tiles

For example I want tile 1 to be textured with image 2
tile 4 - image 4
etc
How do I do this?
Thanks RED GENERAL
My computer melts regulary - perhaps it likes being fondue
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 22:54
i have seen this done before in the help files go to molding a matrix and in here they texture a matrix in two different textures

by the way thanx for your code cheers KITTY

Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 22:57
Go to the Menu in Darkbasic by hitting F11 and not being in the coding part, go to EXAMPLES, and then from there go down to texturing matrixes and it has an example code you can use and everything..

AlamDV, NHL, NHL 2K3....... The best combination ever!
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 23:03
Darkjedi u intrested in strategy games ? cause im making one and i am a bit suck u see i now know how to move things around but do you know how to get it so when i select one of my plays and a tree objec t they go over and chop down the tree or collect wood and aftre a while the tree disserpears KITTY

Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 00:34
Yes I can do that. You need to make a hotspot which there is a tutorial about them in the new 2003 DarkBasic tutorials.

You make the tree a hotspot. Then you make an if then statement, and if you choose that tree object then chop the tree code stuff... But you'll need to have an animation in .3ds or .x of him chopping and collecting the wood.

AlamDV, NHL, NHL 2K3....... The best combination ever!
Red general
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 13:29
As far as I knew those commands took an image and chopped it up into lots of tiles, and then you said whihc tile was to go where.

I want seperate images to be used for seperate tiles. Can you do this?

THANKS
RED GENERAL

My computer melts regulary - perhaps it likes being fondue
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 14:26
I am in the same position my strategy game is on hold at the mo thanx for the code again i am trying to creat a army barracks an need different textures at th moment i am using different matrixes at different height levels and texturing them differently it looks ok but not great
KITTY

KITTY

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 17:36:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 17:36:17