Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Strategy game help needed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 21:52
[b][/b]Hello i am creating a strategy game and i need to know how to when i right click on an object and then right click on the matrix the object move to that part of the matrix. THanx in advance KITTY
Red general
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 22:23
Here's a code I found somewhere - I don't know who made it, but it works

Hope this helps
RED GENERAL

My computer melts regulary - perhaps it likes being fondue
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 22:27
it would be easier with the object and sounds but ill take a look in the maen time can any body else help????

Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 22:39
THankyou RED GENERAL GOT IT TO WORK AND JUST WHAT I NEEDED THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU
KITTY

Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 23:07
how to move things around but do you know how to get it so when i select one of my plays and a tree objec t they go over and chop down the tree or collect wood and aftre a while the tree disserpears KITTY

Red general
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 13:32
Your welome for the code kitty, have fun adapting it
RED GENERAL

My computer melts regulary - perhaps it likes being fondue
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 06:03
What you will probably have to do is set up a matrix/array to keep track of where your trees are at and whatever else your "workers" are dealing with. Once you do this you can set up an If Then statement to determine if your worker moved to a square with a tree in it. Now create a function to display the worker hacking away and the tree disappearing. Know take the wood# (or whatever variable your using to keep track of the amount of wood) and add the desired number to it. Are you working in 3D or 2D? hope this was helpful; if you want I can write up some code for it but I'll need your current source. Anything that I can accomplish would only be 'theory' though since my graphics card does not support DB right now.

If you want fresh underwear in the morning, take it off the night before.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 17:50:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 17:50:46