Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Turning a DBP exe into a dll?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2005 02:05 Edited at: 26th Jun 2005 02:06
What I have so far
I have a kind of dll but it is in the exe format. To use it with DBP you simply use the "execute file" command and in the command line bit you type the command you want to execute. For example:

What I would like to be able to do
I would like to be able to turn this into a dll. It doesn't have to be a stand alone dll and so it could be simply a dll which executes the exe.

So...
1. Is this possible?
2. How do I do this?

IBSE - God We're Good

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2005 02:42
EXE's can't share memory (or so I have been told). You can do somethings like this with the file mapping of the new DBP Enhancement pack, though it will be slower. Why not just use a dll?

You may get more/better responses if you give more info on exactly how you are going to be using said exe.

Mike P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2005 02:59 Edited at: 26th Jun 2005 03:01
What I want to try and do is make a dll which can execute an exe, sending it something through command line. Or... Turn a DBP Exe into a Dll.

I am trying to make a printing dll

IBSE - God We're Good

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2005 06:18
Do you just want to access EXECUTE FILE from other programs? I'm sure it'd be much easier to code that directly in C?

"A book. If u know something why cant u make a kool game or prog.
come on now. A book. I hate books. book is stupid. I know that I need codes but I dont know the codes"
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2005 08:05
You can't. No need to say much more really.

AndLabs
Years of Service
User Offline
DBPro is only for EXEs, not for DLLs. But DBPro can call DLLs made with C++ and a couple of other languages.

If you had a C++ editor/compiler, then make a DLL project and insert the following code:

Then call the function function of the DLL after compiling.

For the Software You Want, AMPERSAND LABORATORIES is the place! [URL=http://www.andlabs.com/]
[/URL]
ThomasFN
Years of Service
User Offline
If your trying to convert a dbp compiled exe straight into a dll file, that won't work. If your trying to do a printing dll, best to use C++ or somthing.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=57374&b=18

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 14:04:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 14:04:49