Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / WHO WANTS TO HELP?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 16:35
As you probably already know i am making a strategy game and i need alot of help i am ok with db and have made many demos in it and this is my first game and i never knew there was so much i didnt know.
This is a topic for people who are in a positon of creating a game like a stratergy game and need help or are willing to help others.
KITTY
Raven Vegeta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 16:36
U know, there's a Team Requests forum...

Watashi wa Eletronic Arts de shigoto o shimasu!
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 16:39
This is not a team. This is for people who are experianced in db but need help on some parts its like the entire of the forum but only for people who need help with making strategy games so there
KITTY

KITTY
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 17:03
woww, calm down!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Raven Vegeta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 17:05
Looks like that. U r asking for help everyday. Try to make the tutorials first. If u don't understand something, then ask for help

Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 17:13
right let me get this straight
1)i needed help on moving with the mouse and selecting with the mouse
2)I didnt know how to implement hotkeys so i asked.
£)i realize how hard it is to find tutorials on strategy games so i create this board to help otrher people and myself ok!

KITTY
Raven Vegeta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 17:26
Now it was nice Good luck!!!

Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 17:29
Thanx got any tips?

KITTY
LastOfTheBedroomCoders
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 18:50
This sounds a bit boring, but trust me - I'm in the biz!

The secret is planning.

Get the game-flow clear in your head before you even start coding. Even better, get it down on paper. (OK, so there are some exceptions! - You may want to build a "testbed" to experiment with the game-engine.)

In the industry, a lot of people get wrapped up in 5 squillion page design-docs, but all you need is a clear idea about exactly what the player has to do, and what happens when they interact with the UI (User Interface) and the game itself.

Get a few mates over, order a pizza, and "bounce some ideas around". But at the end of the day, what you really need is focus. Know what you want. If you're unlucky, your vision may not produce a great game, but a "design by comittee" will almost certainly be a poor one.

Keep at it!

LotBC
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 20:06
lemme know exactly what your looking for because i'll adapt whatever to your needs with commenting ... i can code up some mouse/camera movement and selection, etc later when i code up someone else's DirectX/3DS -> get terrain height functions

hotkeys are simple to setup as long as you know the scancode()/keystate() numbers its a very simple setup, could probably do that later too.

any big questions just ask

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 22:45
Thanx Raven Well call u iff we need u

I will be posting various code for people making RTS games here is one to take u to your village or wherever sent in by another db user i will let u know who they are in my next post

AS i said this will position your camera on any object when u press H .

hope this helps

KITTY
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 22:46
That was given to me by Kentaree thanx

KITTY

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 15:12:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 15:12:24