Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / BlueGUI - Rainbox.exe - *.GUI files

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 17:42
Hello,

Is there a way to directly load *.GUI files in DBPro ?
If not, is there a way to get the *.GUI file structure to make our own loader ?

In my project, there are more than 15000 lines of code and each time remove, addnew, compile is really long ...
I may prefer to simply have *.GUI files change and make a loader that automaticaly prepare gadgets and windows using these files.

Thanks.

Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 18:16
Certainly there is: Rainbow is built in DBpro, and therefore it has loading code for its GUI files. If you look through the Rainbow Source Code in the 'Projects\BlueGUI - Rainbow Source' directory, you should be able to find the code that it uses to load GUI files.

-Xol

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 18:43 Edited at: 4th Aug 2005 18:44
Exactly. You could take the parser code that is used to load it into Rainbow, and change it to suit your needs. I don't think it would add too much loading time, probably less than a second for 100 gadgets or so.

You could also write your own exporter to a format you prefer. I added code to the DB Code export routine, it's very easy to understand.

You could also add multi-language support this way too.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 22:30
Ergh!!
You're right
I didn't see that there were the Rainbow source code...
I will use it now ... and more .. I've seen that .GUI files are simple .TXT file format and easy to understant and to read from dbpro.

Thanks guys

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 10:31:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 10:31:05