Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Darkbasic is really screwed up and i hate this

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2003 05:10
"ERROR: OBJECT ON LINE 82 ALREADY EXISTS"

what the @&$* ?!?!?!?!?
I mean, line 82 is "GET IMAGE 1,0,0,256,256" and that is the only GET IMAGE in the whole code. Once I add the code darkpuffy gave me, even if i change it around, it does not work.. It sometimes says object on line # already exists, when it does NOT exist.. it sometimes says Object on line #(2nd to last line) already exists", when the 2nd to last line is the sync in my main loop! I mean!! What the &$@Y^

I GET ERRORS FOR ADDING ONE SIMPLE CODE THAT WORKS ON ITS OWN, BUT DONT WORK WHEN I ADD IT INTO MY GAME TEH SAME, OR DIFFERENTLY... NO MATTER WHERE I PLACE IT IN MY CODE, IT SCREWS UP.. IF I PLACE THE CODE IN A DIFFERENT AREA, I GET A NEW ERROR... I REALLY AM GETTING VERY ANNOYED.

I mean, no I dont need bullets in the game, but why not have bullets in a shooting game? Muzzle flashes are enough, but when you shoot a gun, isnt there a bullet?

Now, if there is a way to just have a muzzle flash appear (i already have a muzzle flash)and no bullet and if the aimer goes over the person it shoots and the flash appears and it hits the dude, I'll be all set. So is there any way to not add a bullet, and to just add a muzzle flash and to somehow make it so if the aimer goes over someone and you shoot it kills them? thanks, but until i get an answer, im gonna be sort of pissed off at this.
Current Project: Dark Wars
166 lines of code so far
http://hometown.aol.com/Hockeycow07/rebel.html - The official ReBel Games website!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2003 05:18
Post (or ideally mail me) your code. This is a bit of an invisible needle in a foggy haystack otherwise.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2003 05:20
K, I'll email it to you. The subject of it will be "DarkJedi's code". I'll send you both the bullet code and my real game code

166 lines of code so far
http://hometown.aol.com/Hockeycow07/rebel.html - The official ReBel Games website!
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2003 05:35
you've got mail! hehe

166 lines of code so far
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2003 05:48
remember the editor always goes for the inheritance, so this usually mean the line above is the one with the actual editor (wierd i know but always the way )

you're probably adding multiple instances of the same object, e.g.

load object "myobject.x",1
load object "meobject2.x",1

if you wanna quickly check if an object number is used prior to use ... this should help

just add all of the rest yourself
should help make sure that you don't get overwritten objects, just do like

simple code for simple problems eh

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2003 14:30
No. None of my objects have the same object number as only there is one object in the game so far (the gun)

166 lines of code so far

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 11:41:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 11:41:13