Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Review V1 here

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 17:41
New to FPSC aside from the various problems i have encountered, it is still an excellent program. I very much enjoy it and it can only get better from here.

Good Job TGC!
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 16:02
Computer Active Review attached here.

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 16:03
An item in our local press!

Commercial Director
TGC Team

Attachments

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 16:06
A general article in Edge featuring Lee B!

Commercial Director
TGC Team

Attachments

Halo Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 16:23 Edited at: 27th Dec 2005 16:45
edit post

Make great games with C++ and OpenGL!
C++ Tutorial: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial
OpenGL Tutorial: http://nehe.gamedev.net/lesson.asp?index=01
BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 16:43
okay, first off, heres a review the right size for the website

And my Full reveiw

If you dont know 'big computer geek', you should'nt know what TGC stands for
Halo Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2005 01:43 Edited at: 27th Dec 2005 16:44
edit

Make great games with C++ and OpenGL!
C++ Tutorial: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial
OpenGL Tutorial: http://nehe.gamedev.net/lesson.asp?index=01
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 15:42
PC Gamer Review of FPS Creator - see attached.

Commercial Director
TGC Team

Attachments

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 20:27
Well, it looks like you guys just keep hitting the bull's eye! Keep it up!

Your signature has been erased by a mod
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2005 08:35
Well, I like the software. Everythings superb, except for a couple of things I am disappointed in:

-In V1, I was hoping that the levels were going to be bigger in Length and width.

-Also, wished that there was some kind of [ easier ] way to import models ( 3ds, etc. ). Dont even know how to make my own entities yet ( I've just been changing the textures around.

-perhaps maybe there could be a way to create some kind of converter for maps ( ex. 3ds2fps ). But...dont really know how that would work out, lol .

Overall, This program is amazing. I've tried 3Drad, reality factore, (*cough*) The 3D game maker, and programs. But this one program is simply the best and dam well powerful for a non-programmers way to create stunning games. Compared to the others mentioned, I'd give it a 10/10, just because the other programs I've tried I barely ever used it. Just wasn't easy enough.

What makes me more interested in FPSC, is whats up with V.2??? Not that V.1 isn't good. We all know there's going to be another, so why not start asking questions early, hehehe. Or not, whatever...

You are talking to THE dude, I am the dude. T.H.E. dude, there's no other dude like me. The dude is a way of life, you just dont understand.
Whyrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2005 14:55
Great program and well worth the money !
Wyatt Earp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 01:44
It's revolutionary software. Period.

Overall good program but needs more support, online tutorials, and examples.

I didnt find that there were hundreds of 3D models that came with the package. (As advertised) It was pretty limited in this sense. The enemy AI is a little lacking too.

I've used game making programs such as A4 and A5 (They were useless) and also Multimedia Fusion from Clickteam (Good little program).

FPSC is easy to use, but any customizing and it becomes troublesome. This certainly could be improved with more support.

But, this is NEW software and hopefully in the future the community and company will adapt and grow.

I give it 8/10.
Darky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 09:22
Honestly, It wasn't as good as I expected it.

Compiling times take quite too much of a long time - it needs some optimization.

Is it true that this is using the DarkBasic engine?

Customization should be more user-friendly, just like most of everything else that the FPS Creator can support.

Physics Engine - Well, honestly, I didn't quite like it.

I have nothing against the FPS Creator, I indeed do like it, it's just that some aspects of it aren't really 'that great.' I'm not trying to be biased, I'm only telling the total truth.

But indeed, hopefully in the future there will be more features and optimization would be a lot better, so FPS Creator will get the attention it deserves.

As of now, it's a 6.5/10
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2005 14:01
Quote: "Is it true that this is using the DarkBasic engine?"

Yeah, it was written in DarkBasic Pro, they've also released the source code for Fps Creator.

-The Nerd

Free Particle Engine For dbpro :
here
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2005 18:35
But it uses it's own engine.

Chris: Oh god it feels good to be outta the F**king shoos!
Sterling: I know! It feels good to be outta these cloths too!
Wheelgator is a ricist. What? I swear! He called me a n***r!
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2005 18:40
Quote: " But it uses it's own engine."

Of course it does.. I just ment that the engine was written in DarkBasic Pro.

This is getting off topic.. Let the reviews come through

Free Particle Engine For dbpro :
here
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 21:16 Edited at: 30th Dec 2005 21:31
What is it you look in software? In the options to build games? Do you look for Power or Ease? Do you prefer point and click interfaces or coding? Do you want to make a game, to be envied by all your friends? Well here is FPS Creator, and it has it all. FPS Creator is revolutionary, unlike many other similar products; FPS Creator takes things to a new level. With the addition of the engine source, indeed, "The Possibilities are Limitless".

Featuring over 100 Mega Bytes of Models, with over 500 Mega Bytes of Downloadable Models, FPS Creator has a world of it's own. The included segment editor allows fast delivery of Custom segments and the simple point and click interface allows you to create the game of your dreams. FPS Creator even features pre-made Games, Music, and more. You can even create your own scripts, and push the engine to the edge, Camera Control? Jet Pack? Force Fields? Can Do. And with the interactive forum, what can't this software pack do?

For those of you who prefer to dabble in code, FPS Creator has provided it's engine FREE to anyone who wishes to download it, Want to add some wacky camera effects? Just open the source up, and recompile*. We have had many users successfully make their own additions to the existing engine. Some have added additional stat information, while others have added bloom effects along with sun glare and weapon modifications. We are awaiting the next generation of the engine, Riker 9, courtesy of Cellbloc Studios.

Even if you decide to leave the FPS Creator engine to scrap, FPS Creator BUILDS your maps. No more need modeling that Tower, or creating that mansion from scratch, FPS Creator does it all, and you can put the textures back in. How much simpler can it be? No more spending hours on the modeling. It is done, and easy for all.

There has been talk about FPS Creator having massive bug problems, this is simply not true, many of the issues comes from reluctance to read the manual. For instance, some people try to build a game without having the levels saved. While others complain they suffer from low frame rates, upon further investigation of this matter it was discovered that their levels were created poorly. And Windows, and Physics were used to an excess. You can create the perfect game. Just practice, and build right**.

And the best part of FPS Creator is the Elite Masters! We have Rastaman, Conner, and Monster as external Programmers. We have Cellbloc Studios as our main Engine Programmer. We have Merranvo, Conjured Entertainment, and others as our Scripting Experts. There are even modelers KeithC, Noldor, ManofArt, Bond1, GPS, and many more. There are master thinkers such as uman, Jason Webb, all of whom turn the FPS Creator community into the glamour that it is today.

We would not be here was it not for the Elite Masters, The EA Gods, or the DBP Giants. This makes FPS Creator worth the price alone. We guarantee that you will not find a better deal anywhere else.

FPS Creator, the Possibilities are Limitless.

*Requires DBP v 5.9, success is not guaranteed.
**Not all issues are build issues, Frame rates of 28 to 24 are to be expected.

This has been a free advert by the American Advertisement Association, a branch of Merra Tech.
Get your own free advert contact Merranvo at Merranvo@Yahoo.com, some restrictions apply, not all who enter will be accepted.

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
PATERAAK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 12:52
its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone. Here is my rating.

Speed: 90/100
The speed of using the program and creating a game (as well as testing it) has been greatly improved.

Physics: 83/100
While still good, some things could be improved while using physics in-game.

Licence: 100/100
Being able to be independent and sell your own games without paying the large companies is great and a thing you don't see a lot.

Sounds: 94/100
The sounds are almost perfect but could be just a ittle high quality for us perfectionists.

Gaphics Of 3D Models: 70/100
I understand that things need to be low-poly for the game to run smooth but even from far away I can see the "blockiness" in the figures.

Textures Od 3D Models: 81/100
The textures seems pretty amazing and well placed but just from a glance, they seem like they could use to be more detailed (higher resolution).

Stability: 93/100
Almost a rock solid program but it does have its slip-ups here and there.

AI: 85/100
Even though the AI was greatly improved sinced the EA version, th characters sometimes don't know what to do and seem to get stuck sometimes.

Overall Score: 87/100
the program is great and I assure you that but there are parts that can be improved that seem like they got skipped over just a little bit.

Ediseye
Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 22:26 Edited at: 7th Jan 2006 22:33
Obviously needs fixing up everywhere
id like to see im more entities, segments, faster/stable engine, higher frame rate, MUSIC?, and more scripts

in terms of scripts they should be organized more and perhaps given better names. Its taken my a while to figure out what each one does and all the ways it could possibly be applied. still clueless as to what many of them do. perhaps release a script guide that gives detail info on each script you could post it on a the sight. this along with having to more organized would make things much easier on me and most likey many others it shouldnt be too hard either.

walking sound on metal is very irritating, make it softer and quiter. Its so annoying when its all quite and then CLASH CLASH CLASH CLASH! it makes me not want to use those certain rooms because its SOOO LOUD AND ANNOYING!

"My real name is... Mepha-stophalies, but you can call me baby----"
-Marcy Playground
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is my review of FPSC:

FEATURES: 5/10

FPSC offers many features to customize your game with a scripting system, great customizability, and many pre-built functions for gameplay. Although it has many features to keep you occupied, it is quite limited and buggy. The scripting could have had more capabilities and there could have been more customization for in-gameplay. The multiplayer is just horrid, and the menu features are limited. Overall, I think that things could have been much easier to add and take out with more options, but it gets the job done. It would have also been nice to consider terrains and vehicles in the gameplay. Save/load should have been implemented, but was carelessly overlooked.

PHYSICS: 7/10

Physics is pretty good for a game authoring system. I did not like how the dead characters would just go through walls and sometimes some of the floors were not detected during gameplay. I also think that there could have been better features with customizing how the physics works like having ragdoll physics.

AI: 2/10

The AI stinks. It is either too hard or too easy. I have tried customizing the artificial intelligence, and it is still unreliable to do what you want it to do even when you rescript it. The waypoints are a complete waste of time. TGC should have improved it much more than it was. Therefore, 2 out of 10.

GRAPHICS: 6/10

The graphics are outdated. A few more polys could have made them look more professional. I have to give kudos on the texturing job, though. It was great! I think that the animation was not the best, but that can always be changed with CS. Also, implementing your own graphics are not easiy to do in FPSC. Some of the models were just not good enough.

SFX: 1/10

There should have been background music included! SFX were repetitive and not great quality. One word, horrible.

FPS (Frames per Second): 1/10

I can get a 31 at best in a low poly scene. In a fight, it is around 12 and sometimes it will go to 1 when I am under stairs and near certain entities. MAKE IT FASTER!

EDITOR: 8/10

The editor was great. I think TGC did an amazing job at creating an easy editor that anyone could use. I would have improved on the undo/redo and I would have added a cut copy and paste function. It would definately help out. The editor definately promoted its ease of use.

DOCUMENTATION: 7/10

The documentation was average, a mediocre overview that was not at all in depth, but it delived all the same. Everything was covered, but there could have been better documentation on some matters such as customization and some of the in-game features.

GAMEPLAY: 7/10

FPSC give you a fun and playable product, but just that. Do not expect to get too much out of it. If you are looking to really make a good game (particuarly an FPS), get DBP with DM1 and pick up RUCCUS's FPS tutorials. You will be able to learn to do everything faster, and probably learn to make your own game editor. Gameplay could have been improved with better outdoor environments, less lag, and better multiplayer games. TGC could have spent another yeat to fully make this a great product.

OVERALL: 5

Hey, I am a total noob to DBP, so if you would be kind enough to just help me along. I'm good with FPSC though, just learning DBP now.

Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
!!its one of the best i think ennyways!!

Shadow
Wyatt Earp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 16:56
As I further delve into FPS I need to alter my opinion based on certain aspects of the program as those above me have done.

10/10 Concept
The program is one of a kind. There isn't anthin out there that can touch it. Conitec tried to make a non-programming game engine. It is a hoax, you need extensive c++ and modelling training to work that program. FPS delivers what it says...click and play.

8/10 Graphics

2/10 Sound

8/10 Interface
The interface is easy to understand and use but is buggy and fustrating at times

2/10 Stability
The program works great but when it is time to build a game, the bugs kick in. There hasn't been a patch released and I am wondering what on earth the game testers tested. There should have been more detail and effort put into the game executable and testing that portion of the program.

3/10
AI
Enemies are really stupid. They are either too hard or way to easy or just plain insane. Sometimes they flop around like fish for no reason or develop epileptic episodes.

10/10
License
Nothing to stop you - thank gawd.

Customization
5/10
OK, you can customize the program to a degree - BUT a lot of users are not up to par when it comes to modelling. And lets face it, if you can model in 3Dmax and dibble dabble in game programming what the heck are you doing with this program? It's limited.

Documentation
7/10

Tech Support
1/10
I haven't seen anything from the developer to indicate they wish to support this software.

Community
10/10
This forum is the only hope when you have a question. Thanks to all who have developed free models, helped out with scripts and in general.

Physics
6/10

Marketability
4/10
The load time for games and the size of the program is ridiculous. I've tested a one room game with no entities and on average it took average users 4 minutes to load. Now what happens when they load up a full map, with many levels. Again, save game feature limits sellability. You won't be selling any game for more than a few bucks.

So, let's see what score I gave it after playing with it for a while.
Initially I gave the product 8/10.

New Score:

5.8/10
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 21:29
2/10 Sound
Explain

2/10 Stability
Only a few real bugs there, infact more bugs are in the engine then the build game. But the important part is that there hardly ever are game crashes.

Customization 5/10
I don't understand this one, you argue that people can't model, this is true, but how is an offense?

Tech Support 1/10: They want you to call them, not post your stuff. Look in "What has already been posted..." they mention "a V2"

Physics 6/10: I think it should be
Physics STABILITY 0/10, but physics is good, and works, and doesn't slow it much... so my score is 5/10.

And I think that you either have below standards computer, or are exagerating. 1 room = 20 seconds. 1 well made game = 5-6 min.
1.8GHz, 512MB, 128MB Radeon, DX 9.0c.

Merranvo, The Cool One
Noob Justice League, Cause We Have More Fun
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2006 04:02
Updated:

Editor stability: 3/10 Ok, so I go to load a level, and, oh s*it, theres asegment missing! The thing freeking goes crazy! Oh my god, I cant find a mesh thats sitting right in front of my fu*king face so I guess I'll just crash! Then, if thats not enough, you have to sort through tons and tons of pintles .x and .fps files, just to figure out that theres nothing missing! So I go back, thinking that naybe it was just a one timer, and, oh no, eror 7007, mesh number illegal??? WHAT THE FU*K DOES THAT MEAN??? And if its not bad enough that the eror reporting system is like trying to learn marshin, if it generates one eror, WERE ALL SCREWED! It cant even load part of the mao and leave out the non existing part!!!

Included media: 7/10 Ok, its al good and all, but it gets a little borring! And in order to change just the segments, you need to do a 200+MB download, and then you figure out that the utility barley even works! And what if I want to add my own models? Oh my god, I dont know how to model!!! And even if I did, I need a $3000 piece of software, just so I can rig my own charactars with the crappy stock anims!!! And I need my own weapons! OH NO!!! Its next to imposible!

included sounds: 8/10 Actualy, I have no complaints here... scarry.

engine stability: 8/10 its accualy not to bad at what it does...

engine functionality: 1/10 What??? no save load? oh wait, there IS save load, but I have to buy an $80 piece of software, pluss another thirty dollar expansion pack, just to realise that it'll probably take me a few months to add a few simple features that should have been there origionaly!

physics: 3/10 ok, theyre fun at first, but after a while they get rather anoing. I mean, I place like 10 or 15 objects, and then I realise that i need to change all theyre properties! but it takes soooooo long to do that! so then i have to delete ALL but one of them, change its properties, and then place them all again! And then once I test my level, nothing worked how I wanted it too!! HELLLLLLPPP!

included AI:0/10 it is probobly the worst I have ever seen. i mean, i whant to have an enimie chase me, but once I set the script and test the level, i realise that he fallows my path, no mater if I'm on the other side of the map!

included animations: 2/10 theyre terible, and i need a $3000 piece of software to edit them! WHAT, THE, FU*K?

scripting language: 1/10 its impossible to learn when your a biginner, but then once your a geek at it, everybody wants you to make them a script to make the game do something like you would see in BFII!

MP: -5/10 Its the worst i have ever encountered.

comunity: 6/10 its ok, but there are alot of fu*k offs here.

mod/dev comunity involvement: 0/10 there hasnt been a dev here in 2 or so months, and its not much beter with the Mods.

support: 1/10 its worse then EA's.

sorry for the rant people, but i feal it needs to be said.

Your signature has been erased by a mod, because the mod was so jealous of it that he couldnt bare looking at it.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2006 09:03
=ChrisB=,

As I have not reviewed FPSC and I'm lazy. I'll go with your assesment - that just about sums it up (without the rants its pretty accurate) and as you all know me I may write 6 pages otherwise.

Its got its good points of course but you have to be able to dodge and survive the bad ones to benefit from them in your development activities.

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2006 09:57
Why do you hang around here if you don't like it?

There's a lot of childish antics in these forums. Real Veruca Salt type stuff. If you think there are better apps out there, go for it.

FPSC isn't a serious development tool, it's a fun app for creating home-baked FPS's.

I don't mind that people don't like it, but does there have to be post after post after post of bitching? And it always seems to be the same people doing it.

Day after day. It's painful. Perhaps this is just the internet in general, as it seems to be happening everywhere at the moment.

I'm just trying to have some fun.....

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2006 19:21
I think i hang around here because i can help the newbies...

Your signature has been erased by a mod, because the mod was so jealous of it that he couldnt bare looking at it.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2006 20:44
Quote: "Why do you hang around here if you don't like it?"

Like what?

If the questions directed at me - I dont have to justify my opinions or anything else to forum members when put in that tone so you will have to work it out for yourself.

The same question could be asked of the poster and does not deserve any further comment either way.

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2006 02:33
Whatever.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
tayete
Years of Service
User Offline
I have just bought FPSC and I am a bit disappointed. Well, in fact I feel like I have been cheated. All the publicity talks about professional games, and there isn't a single "SAVE/LOAD" feature. Can someone imagine that?

Yes, I have had to read all the forums to know why it hasn't been implemented, but for those who don't usually get in the forums, it isn't fair.

Conclusion: A little toy not worth the money I invested. I should have known better and buy another engine, or just buy DBP.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 03:41
LoL... you're a DBC user, and you buy FPSC before DBP?

Merranvo, The Cool One
Noob Justice League, Cause We Have More Fun
Support Merra XJ9, cause the name is cooler.
Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
i dont care what ppl say i think you guys (tgc) are great and have great support. i have not found no bugs on my side yet just a little lag here and there. i have had alout of game making programs and fps creator is by far the best one yet. keep up the good work

Shadow
Ajhayter
Years of Service
User Offline
Although I have yet to get this program it sounds great. I would suggest the ability to use .obj files for the models, but I understand that those loose the dds thing and I wilso know that coding a program to create commercial level games is VERY difficult!

Want to know how to mod Halo pc? Visit www.halopc.net for all the info and help you need. You also get access to new mods before the wider community!
Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 00:26
One of many issues is walls. If someone is going through a game of all square and occassoinally round cornered rooms it will get boring. More wall types need to be made availabe in terms of curved, bent, slanted, ect (shape of the wall)

Heres an Idea
Wall Shape editing tool.

1) First you could select a wall. Once seleced a thin line highlights the area of potential effect.
2) select the length of the highlighted effect area by a sliding button on a menu(just like increasing brush size)
3) left click and hold or Left click then right click to lockon the wall again for modification mode. Using either the mouse or the keys to move along the wall and play with it by pushing it in or out. (Ex. You could make a wavey wall or a sudden jut. Odd shaped rooms winding hallways abnormally narrow passages.
4)You can left click again to get out of modification more
5) NOW if you RIGHT CLICK (not in modification mode) you trigger a hinge mode. at the end of the higligted area a dot appears becoming the verticies. Now you can modify the wall in a radial manner. in this way you could make variations of diagnal walls
6) another feature would be to smooth out walls mearly by highliting them with another tool so instead of looking for individual round peices you can make a basice room modify it and smooth it out
7) also an angulating tool to make averything jagged and brittle shaped, so smoother modifications would suddenly be angular and jagged. you could make cliffs walls and outdoor features.

signing out
-Pantaloon

Imagination is the gateway to freedom, fore in the confines of our mind we hold endless space and time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:16:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:16:00