Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Sounding Off + A Little Help on an ERROR!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 11:00
Greets...

The only limitation I have found with DB(standard) is error documentation...specifics mostly...generalities are there but not what a specific error means...such as:

COMPILER ERROR.TOO MANY IMMEDIATE STRINGS

I'd like to know what that one means myself!

But syntax errors?...that's an invalid programmer...(me included...done it way too many times to even admit it!)

Quack!

But I'm very happy with what I've done with DB...and am very impressed with what I've seen it can do!...

true...everything has a limit...and everything can't work perfectly...(maybe in dreams...no...forgot about nightmares)...but damn!...until you become God...just be happy that you're alive...and when you stumble...get up...and start learning to pick up your feet...(parable for DB programming...fail'd miserably)...Quack!

I know there is a better way for my program (an RPG) to work...look...better coding skills I have to acquire...even in the editor...I know there's WAY more I can do to make it more efficient...better documentaion...better tags...better everything...and in a few years...Cryminy and Gee willikers...I'll be getting requests to do day time TV...but for now?...not even!...Heck!...I've even found flaws in my flowcharts...and that's on paper!

For those of you who know the ins and outs (and I mean who truly understand programming like a walk to the back of a bus) it must be...common place to look...see...and then do...and that's not a chide remark...because to me...I wish I could do... what it is you just do naturally...

Yeah...it is frustrating to me...because some of the math...or variables...or some of the more complex commands escape my understanding...and I have to rely on tutorials...and then mess with the code that's there...watch what happens...and then in my fowl little mind grasp what it is that happened...

I then do my own code...according to what I think I just understood...and go from there...but that's also extremely cool!...work or don't work...it's awesome either wayquack!

So if it don't work...fix-it!
If you don't get it...ask!
And if it still is making you flippity'd?...
Go have a cold coke...a breath of fresh air...then try again...

Thanx to all who had the patience to read all of this...
and thanx to all who know...you've helped allot...

BTW...what does...
COMPILER ERROR.TOO MANY IMMEDIATE STRINGS
mean anyway?...

Mr. Duck..........quack!
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 00:12
Sounds like you've hit a string limit.

Too many of a$="y" things possibly...

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:34:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:34:19