Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Cloth & Particles phyics plugin doesn't work for me :( ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 23:09
Hi, I just bought the cloth and particle physics expansion, got my download links and downloaded it. I installed from the exe file and made sure it installed to my dbpro directory. Whilst I have an email with a registration key I was not promted for it. It does not appear to have installed correctly, as none of the examples work, just returning "cannot understand command".

I am using dbpro and the latest updates & IDE updates. It appears to have put all the files in the correct places ie editor compiler and help folders... I'm confused. Perhaps someone could clarify exactly what extra dlls should have been added to what folders so I can check tyat they are there? Thanks, Sam

Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 23:28
These appear to be the files its added. I repeeat, its not asked me to use my registration details and dbpro doesn't seem to have noticed this new stuff at all

Dbpro>Compiler>Plugins-liscenced>PhysicsMain_PC_Master.dll (296kb application extention)
Dbpro>Compiler>Plugins-liscenced>PhysicsMainLang_PC.loc (5kb loc)
Dbpro>Compiler>TGCOnlineFiles>physicspcd.ico (22kb icon)
Dbpro>Compiler>TGCOnlineFiles>physicspcf.ico (22kb icon)
Dbpro>Compiler>TGCOnlineFiles>physicspct.ico (22kb icon)
Dbpro>Compiler>TGCOnline.ini (1kb Configuration Setting)
DBPro>Editor>Keywords>Physics.ini (6kb Configuration Settings)
+ Help files

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 23:58
I think you need the support link, bottom of the page

V
V
V

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2005 10:40 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2005 10:41
When you start DBP (using the default IDE) how many plugins are listed (you can also use TGCCertificateViewer.exe in your compiler folder to see the list)? In your Dark Basic SoftwareDark Basic ProfessionalCompilercertificates folder you should have 1 file for each of them plus 1 .ini file I believe. If not then you need to run TGCOnline.exe found in your compiler folder and register all that are not working.

Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2005 16:58
Thanks for the suggestions

I haven't contacted support yet, I will do if I can't by this afternoon.

When I start DBP or run the certificate viewer in 98, I get nothing, just an empty bar. When I start in XP I get an activated dbpro and an expired terrain :S Weird as I installed and activated dbpro in 98, and in XP just run exactly the same version over a network... Anyway I think somethings majorly messed up, and being that I am having weird results with some other progs I'm going to format this drive and do a new install of everything

Then if it still doesn't work, I
ll post back here with results, and contact TGC

Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 03:41
YAY! After a clean foramt and install of everything it now works fine! I'm pretty sure te thing messing it up was the old expired version of advanced terrain which for some reason didn't clear itslef after 5.8.

Anyways, thanks! I'm gonna have fun fiddling with this

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 16:23:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 16:23:12