Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / My First Kiss

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 02:29
Petrat: Good Job, but we really didn't need to know lol
Speedhorn: It does??? I didn't know that... besides, why would anyone use the crop tool for anything other than cropping???

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 02:30
lol. crop only resizes the size of the edit block to the edges of the selected area. Well in Paintshop Pro its like that..

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Daz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 13:39
I think you're all jelous of me. I get my cousins friends wanting me.

DarkBASIC Professional is the best programming utility.
8/10 Housewives agree!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 15:02
oh reet...(so whats everyone doing tomorrow..?)......?

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't had my first kiss yet. Still hadn't found a special "somebody"..

^_^.. Just shows how young I am .

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET.
I know HTML, PHP, Perl, JavaScript, VBScript, Visual Basic, C/C++, QBasic, YaBasic, and now Dark Basic/Pro...
Speedhorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 15:14
*sigh*

Ralph, Jesus didn't have wheels.
Speedhorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 15:22
I use the crop tool in photoshop to resize images.

Let's leave it at that, and never speak of this again.

ssshhhhhh....

Ralph, Jesus didn't have wheels.
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 18:22
Ah I havent either and Im 14 already I'm a loser!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

*Runs out screaming*

denki
Kousen DPB RPG latest - Working on editors!
http://dblow.co.uk
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 18:51
im only 14, lol

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 23:19
ya, denki you are a loser
lol jks

Does that mean I'm two years older than my boss

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 00:06
Lol, yup, always have been

And a few people have called me `boss` lol, seems strange... not complaining though ..

denki
Kousen DPB RPG latest - Working on editors!
http://dblow.co.uk
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 02:22
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 02:26
lol ....
who r u talkin' about? me?....

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 02:53
yup its refreshing to remember all that jazz.

I think i was just turned 14 and this russian girl sonya and i had a pash lol.

hehe its all cute.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 03:01

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 05:06
Funny how this post turned out LOLL

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 05:27
"Why not start a topic called does anyone remember there first BJ, or DP, or Golden Shower, or Soapy TW."

Why not just start a new thread that goes all the way and asks for your first "Angry Dragon" or "Dutch Transfer" (sure as hell hope none of you never experienced the latter).

"The town I'm in if FULL of imbread hicks."
Sucks for you Arrow.

"the amercans r just damn crap"
I resent that. Sure there are way way way too many sluts, scanks(if thats how it's spelled), whores, dykes (not lesbians, lesbains are hot) in America, but some are just damn hot. It's a pitty that most of the good ones are conceited white pricks though. That's why I got a goth girl. Far from conceited yet farther from slutty.

If you want fresh underwear in the morning, take it off the night before.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 07:28
Damn straight it sucks, I've been living SD for most of my life exculding one year in Texas. It might not be so bad but I wear a black Trench Coat, I listen to Industreal, Techno and J-pop, and I use the grey stuff that keep my head from caving in. Talk about your fish out of water.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 08:01
Damn straight. Same for me man. I wear a black trench coat (always get harassed by the damn narks and cops), listen to industrial, death metal and feminine metal (I guess it's called that [Kittie, The Kidney Thieves, Otep, etc.]), and oddly enough German Metal (Rammstein in particular). I am a true loner. I only hang out with like four people but man do we impose havic on that damn crap hole of a school. Fortunately, I'm 6'2" and can bench 180-190 so nobody stands in my way. And I have like the highest IQ in the entire school. That grey crap comes in handy all the time.

n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 11:08
He-he-he
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 19:56
ya know what i've always misunderstood ... so many US guys i talk to are all like "oh i'm 6'-somthing and i can bench over 200lbs, blah blah"

yet those i've found to be more wary of in a fight are the guys who are around my height and build ... i've broken more limbs of "jocks" than i can remember, the small silent guy who doesn't care how much he can bench - those guys are the ones to be truely afriad of.

most of the time cause they're more likely to stab you or something - sometimes cause they can take care of thier own.
Have a friend who can barely brench 140lbs (which is about the weight of me) yet in a fight i've seen him lift a mate who was around 230-240lbs
some people don't need to be able to physically bench things to be strong, and sometimes enstilling that your weak and then proving once that what it looks like is wrong is a far greater deterant. (^_^)

theres also a big hoopla about how intelligent people are in the states, like oh so-and-so skipped this many grades, etc ... but most of the time when you talk to them you kinda have to wonder how - like there's a mates boyfriend who is like a year or so younger than me, looks like a brick outhouse and is like some semi-genius.

and well he's just a living point of don't judge a book through its covers

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 20:51
Agreed, I never really got into too many fight, cept that one time where I kicked the crap out of the "tough" kid (got the enteir 7th grade on my case, my grade thought it was pretty cool). However my dark clothes and darker personality get other kinds of harassment. On the first day of my senior year a rumor got passed around that I phoned in a bomb threat to the same school I was in, goes to show ya the average intellegence of those around here. Luckily, stuff like that rolls right off my back, it's the guys who honk the horn whene they see my, shout my name out the window and speed up. Makes me wish I was 17 again so I could pound into the ground and get away with it.

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 03:13
"theres also a big hoopla about how intelligent people are in the states, like oh so-and-so skipped this many grades, etc"

I have never skipped a grade. Who gives a damn what grade you're in. Who gives a damn what grades you get in school. My IQ is 164-189. I've had my IQ tested 4 times the latter of the scores was just last month. My SAT scores were 720 in English and 800 in math. Each section is based on 800 points. So it looks like I did pretty damn good (top 99.2% in the nation). And then there are AP tests. They are the hardest tests prior to college. I have taken 10 exams--Computer Science AB, Chemistry, Physics, Literature, Language, German, Euro History, US History, Biology, Pshycology--and they are graded on a scale from 1-5. I have gotten fours or fives on all of these tests except for Euro and German. That means, as of now, when I go to college, I will be at a sophomore standing. Thus, I will have skipped a grade.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 06:47
i have several friends that can hit around 180-200 on those IQ tests ... and have obscenely high test scores.

look over them next time you see them though, they're not tests for true Intelligence, they're tests for knowlage you can store in your memory.

look at me... i have a standing IQ of 120 according to the tests, this would make me just a little less intelligent than the adverage joe - so by the reckoning of alot of learn-ed people there are things i can't possibly grasp.
Yet, i can go into Quatum and Singularity physics which would be on par with some quoted Genius

don't get me wrong the tests arn't bad and by the show of how i perform in school environments, i'm as close to an idiot as you can get.
yet who's the bigger idiot, the one who sits there and is proud of his intelligence on paper - or the one who knows that everyone around him believes him to be one

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 09:12
Raven's right, those IQ tests are flawed.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 13:37
i got 120 on an IQ test....they said it was above average.....wait, how old r u? I took the test when I was about....11?..

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 16:02
Hey evry1 I'm temporarily back Well Petrat um well I gotta say congrats man, and from the pic I can see she's pretty, altho WAY to young for me to comment further. lol First Kiss tho *Awww* I never really had a "first Kiss" moment, My first kiss happenned at the same time as my first "everything else" at 15

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 16:11
lol, thanks sam . Ya mean ya had sex at the same time?..

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 20:42
IQ tests are not made to test what you can regurgitate. They test your ability to process a complete thought in a short manner of time. Just being book smart won't help you get a high score on these tests. There is no manner of studying for these. It is all a manner of intellectual thinking. Besides, I'm the last person to be impressed by what's on a damn piece of paper.

Sorry petrat for getting your thread a little off track.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 21:35
most of the time cause they're more likely to stab you or something - sometimes cause they can take care of thier own.
Have a friend who can barely brench 140lbs (which is about the weight of me) yet in a fight i've seen him lift a mate who was around 230-240lbs

ITS SO TRUE... -_- my bud in my PE class can barely lift about 65pounds on the bench... his chest is concave... he can lat 90 strangely o_O and incline about 45.... overhead is a 20 i think... and he cant even curl 30 pounds ^_^... hehehe...

look at me... i have a standing IQ of 120 according to the tests, this would make me just a little less intelligent than the adverage joe - so by the reckoning of alot of learn-ed people there are things i can't possibly grasp.
Yet, i can go into Quatum and Singularity physics which would be on par with some quoted Genius

The average joe is about 90... o_O 113 is above average... 120 is damned good and 142 is genius... O_O now you guys remember internet tests don't count... o_O i scored a fucken 240... that puts me with stephen hawking... O_O BUT GUESS WHAT IM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THAT!!!!... o_O all IQ tests are a lie and only test your ability to succeed...

Bravo, vous avez atteint le summun de la débilité... venez nous faire part de la première vois ou vous avez baisé comme ca vous battrez tout les records... Les programmeurs anglais sont vraiment débiles, surtout Vegeta...

Cheer, you reached the summun debility... come to announce first to us see or you kissed as Ca you will beat all the records... The English programmers are really weak, especially Vegeta...

Thats googles translation of what Sauron has said... o_O and don't sweat it xxxpetratxxx...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 00:10
well acording to the tests over the years i've steadily being getting dumber as it were...
cause they started out at 165 and have slipped to 120.

i don't know about stateside but 120 at where i used to school is rather adverage to below adverage
but still if you look closely at the tests the processes are made to just scramble what your thinking. Alot of double meaning things, i took a test in '98 and got around 190-200 on it ... and i think its more the mindset your in when you take it rather than anything else.

Because someone just plonked it infront of me and suggest i took it - the thing is you can get them for all sorts of things now.

you have your IQ, your ArtQ, your MathQ, etc...
they're all a waste of time though - because different people react under different circumstances. The only way to really know how intelligent you are is by your actions.
They do test your book knowlage alot more than you'd know, because the tests simply give you a problem with is actually just simple logic problem you'll find in most textbooks and oftenly you'll already know the answer.

And those net ones are just plainly useless - one i got 90 on did another one which wasn't really much different and got 170. And the pages arn't timed ... which is just stupid, because that defeats the entire point.

as i said, what the paper tells you is your intelligence is just a value which holds none of its own - just proves you know alot with a good memory.

Knowlage isn't intelligence - yet scientist with these high IQs can't seem to understand this (go figure eh )

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 00:26
I agree with you that scores don't mean much. But you've got to admit that repetitively high scores is a sign of some fickle intelligence. And yep, those internet test are crap. Besides, how are you expected to take a test based on a time interval when it take 45 secs to get to the next page? At least the test that I took online returned a score of 60. The analysis said I needed to work on me reading so that I could answer more question in the time alotted. Then it said, you should buy our book for $65.99 to improve your test score. Lousy people trying to rip you off at any chance they get.

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 00:34
"Knowledge is intelligence"

I slightly disagree. Knowledge is purely what you know and have learned. Intelligence is purely the capability of your thinking. Intelligence doesn't come from reading or studying or trying to learn (although these may haev an effect on it). Intelligence comes from the evolution of your brain. Children have a very low intelligence. They aren't able to comprehend things fully. Their thought is limited to something that exists in senses (touch, smell, etc.). They usually aren't able to perceive thing beyond this. However, we know that atoms exist, even though you aren't able to walk outside and see them.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 01:13
thats not what i wrote... look again

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 01:21
You guys should look up the Einstein method... ^_^ its said to increase your IQ by 1000%... o_O Stephen Hawking is comming to my town next monthh HOORAAHHHH... I don't think I can get tickets... -_-... =P Well I'm the smartest person I know... my moms offered to let me take the GDE so I can get out of highschool 2 years early and go to college... I might take her up on that offer... O_O then I can go to a 6 year UC... AND YES get out 2 years early... =P start working... assassinate bill gates... ^_^ AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 01:22
Ah and raven get on AIM... I don't like using MSN because my flake of a father uses it and I don't want to talk to him... o_O he fucken has flaked 80% of the time I've wanted to see him...

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 02:42
WTF? dont u like ur dad? WTF is everyone like that in america...ITS NOT SANITY!..well, it deppends what hes like..

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 02:54
Once again US TV corupts anothers ideas.

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 03:38
"thats not what i wrote... look again"

Sorry about; then we agree on something, do we not?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 04:32
why not simply block him?
i'd hate to say this puffy but i'm never off AOLIM - i mean you know who my ISP is don't you hehee

but don't talk to me on it, as i have a greater hatred for having to do "ctrl-enter" after each sentance than i have with almost anything else combined ... seriously just block him on MSN - or tell him your busy and can't talk.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 05:46
o_O But that would hurt his feelings... I just don't want to talk to him or see him right now... I don't want to hurt him...

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 11:37
tell him to just back off for a while then ... geez - you've gotta learn to cut the cord sometime

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 18:14
I don't want to hurt him...

Isn't that what you're doing by ignoring him? Just use MSN, change your handle if you don't want to offend him.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 19:47
I'm not ignoring him... o_O ok Arrow what if 90% of the time you set a time for him to come and see you... you sit around all day ... he never shows up... O_O huh... but your mom hit you when you were little... so you like your dad a hell of a lot more than your mom... BUT your mom was always there... where was your father???... well he was doing drugs and getting high... and always saying he wasn't on time because his girlfiend didn't wake him up... BULL SHIT....

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 21:39
Well life sucks, don't it. Well the advice I got for you is to not wait for it to get better. If you take the mind set that It'll get better and you're waiting for that day, it won't happen. The best thing to do is do the best with what you got. I can't really desribe it but I once thought like that, trust me it don't work. Just exist day to day, worry not of tommarrow. Eventully things will change, you must let them. This probable make little no sence, oh well. Just be greatful that you have a dad, mine died 3 years ago in a para-glider accedent.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 22:52
thanks for changing the subject on this post..

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 00:29
You're very welcome petrat So there are what, 4 topics in one thread now.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 01:05
Puffy... if i were you i'd just leave them both, personally even if my mom beat me (not a likely scenaro here) i'd still prefer someone who's always there to someone who makes a word and then breaks it.

ya know honour is everything mate, and you dad ain't got any i'm afriad to say. If he'd rather act like a 5year old than take care of his own he doesn't deserve the time of day, let alone to be a preferance.
Tell him to clean up or clean out, cause you shouldn't put up with bull like that.

The guy has a responsibility, if he can't keep it then he doesn't deserve to be anything - remember he's your father, no matter how much he says he's your friend - he ain't ... if he wants to fudge up his own life thats cool, but tell him to do it on his own terms - cause it ain't cool fudging it up around kids.
Guys like that need thier ass whooped to learn some responsibility!

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 03:38
o_O yeh... -_- ... *gives raven props*... straight up... ^_^ and i dont wait for things to get better... i take anti-dipressents...

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 03:46
Are kidding me? Drugs bad!!!! I Suffer from Depression, Bi-polar Dissorder and Manic-Depression and I refuse that so-call medicine. All it did was make things worse. You, my friend, need to find a Froudian or Jungian counsler. The only thing those pills do is empty you waltet and screw up your libibo.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 03:43:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 03:43:01