Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The Q & A session IRC log for September 26th 2005

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 06:17
Barnie... Fred... What's the difference? They both drive with their feet!

Team EOD :: All-Round Nice Guy
Want Better dbHelp Files?
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 13:33
Quote: "That's the way you use for TPC, becuase the load library requires the library address link. You cannot compile the libraries internally like you do with Dark GDK, because then your not accessing libraries but it's extended code."

The method for which I described is purely for using DBP's core DLLs for writing TPCs. My descrription should not be intepreted in any other way, which I can't see how being that I referred to TPC on more than one occasion. The DGDK static lib method is primarily used for writing standalone applications that do not need to reference any DLL or component belonging to the DarkBASIC Professional core installation.

I've not tried it personally, but export reference .lib files can be generated from the DBPro DLL images using DLLWRAP or some other tool. If header files containing prototypes are also made, then none of the LoadLibrary\GetProcAddress methods are needed since the compiler and linker will setup the function dependencies for you. IanM's interface library did work like this, but since this is no longer distributed, people need to ask them selves that nagging question... How badly do I need to call a DBP function from my TPC.

Anyway, whatever the outcome of this little excersise I seem to have spawned, I've got my method down to a 'T', and it works very well thank you.

Auf wiedersehen.

Home of the Cartography Shop - DarkBASIC Professional map importer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:37:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:37:36