Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Newton problem... i cant stop bouncing!! aahh haha

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 00:36
ok heres some snippets from my code i believe are of suspicion. im using the advanced terrain from demo 9 i believe, i finally got everything working, but my box is just bouncing like crazy and i cant make it act like a human would. psionics dwarf model is going to replace the box btw. ok please help me, maybe some anti depressants will help my box?

CODE SNIPPETS:

these are some of the globals in order

my object creation code for the one thats on crack

heres the camera movement code for my box in full, its in a function

im really proud of that code snippet just above, it works really good and not to pat myself on the back but i haven't really seen any camera movement i like better.

but thats not the point... anywho you see ive called some subroutines and functions, these are the ones from cucumbers newton tutorial found here,

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=55741&b=6&p=0

if thats the problem (which it very well may be) please alert me.
thanks for your time, im actually kind of relieved my first forum go to on this project is actually for a somewhat humorous looking problem, i wish you guys could see this hahaha.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 10:46
I see you are using the default material. Maybe you need to create your own material with the characteristics you need.

Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 14:33
hmm... ok so i got rid of the upward force when i press W... this stopped bouncing me so much, although i still did quite a bit. but once i settled my cube man wouldnt budge... if i use the "move object" command i dont think the collision stuff will work. ill making my own material. i thought that was referring to texture, like image files. i do have some other materials i guess they are from the tutorial, wood metal and some others, i guess i just made a connection. hmm...
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 16:45
Yes, a material describes softness, bounce and other physical properties. You can also define how 2 different materials interact with one another. It's been a while since I played, but that is the basics of making real-world objects.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 19:51:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 19:51:26