Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Advanced Terrain DLL - Is it still available?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 04:41
I'm a bit confused. I have looked over the many posts on the subject and they have just confused me more. Here are my questions.

(1) Is the advanced terrain pack integrated into Dark Basic Pro 5.8 or are there more terrain commands than those available in Dark Basic Pro 5.8?

(2) If the advanced terrain pack is NOT integrated into DBPro 5.8, then where (besides the post on the top of this forum) is there more information on what commands the advanced pack adds, how much it costs, and where it needs to be bought?

Thanks,
Keith
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 15:30
Advanced terrain was a separate download for 5.7/5.8, and it's free. Just download it, register it and use it. The help is installed automatically and is available from the start menu.

It's included in the plugin-users folder in the beta - I don't know whether it's going to stay that way, or will be a separate download

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 17:03
Ian,
I installed and registered the terrain pack. I assume I have the Advanced, but some stuff says it is the Standard and other places say Advanced. For instance, when you bring up the help through the Start Menu it says "STANDARD TERRAIN EXPANSION PACK" on the top of the page. Is this a misprint or did I do something wrong to get the advanced installed?

Keith
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 18:05
there was a plan to release two versions of the advance terrain, standard and advance, but the advance version has never been seen

amd athlon xp 2600+,1280mb,FX 5200 128mb,200gb,xp pro sp2
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 20:37
When I try to run the example program that comes with the terrain pack it opens up a window and then closes immediately. Is there something special I need to do to get this to work with DBPro 5.8?
Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 09:01
I have the same problem. I have no clue what going on. I at one time, before reinstalling everything on my comp including windows, work on 5.8

DARK IDE RETURNS - Yes Dark IDE is still a go!!
Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 09:53
Ha Ha! Upgrade 5.9 beta 1 seems to fixed the problem.

DARK IDE RETURNS - Yes Dark IDE is still a go!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 17:11:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 17:11:20