Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / How long did it take you to receive your BlueGui "software download" email?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I ordered BlueGui2 on October 5th, 2005 -- and I have still not received it. The purchase order said it could take up to 48 hours for Robert Knight to email me a download URL. I have sent him a personal email and 3 professional emails through the ShareIT website stating that he has still not contacted me.

Has anyone else experienced this unprofessionalism?

- Joe
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 17:11
"Unprofessional" and "Robert Knight" are not two things I'd ever use together in a sentance personally. It may well be that he's on holiday, or he is replying but the messages are not getting to you.

Or it could be something else of course, but as he's on a mod on these forums I'm sure we'll find out soon.

People don't quit playing because they grow old.
They grow old because they quit playing.
Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
From what I hear that is probably true... I might have let me frustrations show too much in my question. I believe a better mechanism should be found to allow users to download purchases when payment is received. Requiring human intervention (especialy if the process is owned and maintained by one individual) is inefficient and frustrating to customers.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 21:51
I understand, I guess in this instance we just have to respect Roberts choice of delivery - it's certainly quite a common one.

People don't quit playing because they grow old.
They grow old because they quit playing.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 23:06
Yeah he must be away or something. I got my download link from him about an hour after it was posted on my order history here.

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 03:07
Hello Ninja,

I hope you received my email yesterday containing your order details. All I can say is that I apologise profusely for the delay in processing your order.

Due to a problem with my mail provider I did not receive the order notification email or your subsequent follow up. I have contacted their technical support and the problem has now been dealt with.

If you need assistance with the plugin, please use this email: robertknight@gmail.com

Quote: "I believe a better mechanism should be found to allow users to download purchases when payment is received. Requiring human intervention (especialy if the process is owned and maintained by one individual) is inefficient and frustrating to customers."

Usually speaking the system works well for the volume of orders that I have to deal with, and license information is sent with 24 hours. I agree that it would be more convenient for the registration keys to be made available as soon as the order is completed though.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Rob,

I apologize for showing my frustrations on the forum. You are definitely very professional, and you have created a very good product. Hopefuly I will be able to build something with DBPro and BlueGui2 that will be respectful of your efforts.

-Joe

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 18:12:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 18:12:34