Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If I want to have models in my FPS game made with FPSC, whats the best modeling package for me to get? I was thinking Dark Matter, but you guys should know.
kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 11:45
Hi Tom, I'm thinking the same thing. (DarkMatter) Though I just bought accode's super pack (Forest,Road and Railroad)and I'm very happy with them! I really hope to see more packs.

I will be getting the DarkMatter 1,2 and 3 packs. I just wanna make sure I can use them with out much effort ie. not having to convert everything so that it'll work in FPSC.

As to which one(s) to use, Since the super pack is all that I have got I'm pretty limited on suggestions. That said, I Highly Recommend Accode's packs though!

Mark
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 20:03
"modelling package" or "model Package"?

darkMATTER is a collection of models, and there animations dont happen to work in FPSC.

as for a modelling package, search the forums, there are plenty of posts about this topic.

Tom Thelwall
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, what do I use then because I need to know whats best and what will work on FPSC!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 22:39
i dont get what your trying to do...

do you want to buy pre-made and pre-animatedmodels?

then go to [href]www.turbosquid.com[/href]

if you want to make your own models, i recamend one of the folloowing:

milkshape
fragmotion
3ds max
anim8or

those should do the trick for you...and they are all inexpensive or free exept for max.

Benjamin 2005
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 23:12
There's many free modelers, but take this in account: most of them will not allow you to create animated models and hardly any of them allow you to export to .x format (which fpsc is using). I've got milkshape for conversion, but I'm having a problem opening animated .x models exported with milkshape.

I'll add another one to the list, much less expensive then 3DS Studio Max, but when it comes to game modeling one of the best around: gameSpace http://www.caligari.com/gamespace/ I've used in the past and it's excellent for game content creation. Many features, many import & export features. When I used it, it had a problem with exporting directx models (.x), as many other 3D apps do have that problem. I'm not a user anymore, got TrueSpace now, but from what I've heard there's a new .x exported in gameSpace now, one that works with fpsc.

I'm considering getting the gamePak for trueSpace, the expansion that will add all of gameSpace's features and import/export formats to trueSpace.
kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 02:10 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 09:12
@BULLSHOCK 2

So We can't use DarkMatter with FPSC or is it just that it'll be a grip of work?

Thanx
Mark

Edit; Never mind I see that the character models would need to be rigged and re-animated...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 20:48:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 20:48:14