Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / How do you make a help viewer with Blue Gui?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I read through your example help viewer application. Easy enough to handle. But I realize this is a separate app. not being built in my program. I want to open a help viewer from inside my program. Example: Goto menu,options,how to use,and this opens my help viewer but if I create a window inside dbpro I can't exit that window with-
out exiting dbpro. See what I mean? How can I do this?
dugzilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2005 03:34 Edited at: 11th Nov 2005 03:34
Thinking about it now I could start the help viewer from inside my
program as a separate exe that way I would be able to exit that without exiting dbpro. Any thoughts?
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2005 19:39
Hi Dugzilla,

The help app is fairly simple to recreate. It simply consists of a web browser gadget (created using createWebBrowser), and a few buttons which navigate the browser to a particular page (using webBrowserNavigate) when clicked.

I don't follow your comments about 'without exiting DBPro' though.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
dugzilla
Years of Service
User Offline
I have my placement editor exe. In same directory I have a help viewer exe. I use my placement editor exe to start help viewer exe
when I go to the help menu gadget(item). This works fine but I was trying to make the webbrowser in my placement editor but it needs a
window to look professional. Long story short it doesn't work. The window doesn't exit. I think I got it figured out now.
dugzilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2005 20:05 Edited at: 12th Nov 2005 20:07
Quote: "`Important! - You must handle the WINDOW_CLOSE event"

I'm sorry I over looked this very important procedure. O.k I have to re-code just a bite. The web browser was easy,I had the part done last week just couldn't get the window to close without having to control-alt-delete. So I did a work around(two exe's). Now I don't have to do that. DUH!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 23:23:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 23:23:51