Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Dark IDE is back!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 04:58 Edited at: 22nd May 2006 05:13
The first error is fixed, I'm working on another problem then I'll upload the two files. They just get droped into the plugins folder.

Edit:
Heres the update, This fixes the problem mentioned above and several issues with the project templates and project mnager.

Just paste the two folders in the attached zip to the root Dark IDE folder.

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, Pentium 4 2.4 GHz, 768 MB PC3200 Ram, ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256 MB
Dark Basic Professional 5.9 Dark IDE nearly complete!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TobiasWK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 10:11 Edited at: 23rd May 2006 10:25
Been using you new version with the bug fixes... its _MUCH_ better
I can now compile and run my files. Dont get that first error anymore!

Bugs I have found so far with new version:
- I cant import an icon for me .exe, it simply will not let me select the icon.
- Attach media + compress to .exe dont work, or maybe im doing something wrong. If I add media from... lets say a folder called Media in my project dir, should I then enter the path like media/file.x in my source? because that do not work. I think the problem is, that it dont include the files at all.
EDIT:
It also seems that F5, F6 dont work as shortcuts for compiling/run.

Hope you can use it. This version is much better

Current projects:
FPS Multiplayer - 10% (making network code)
Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 20:04
Here is the latest build. It's the whole thing again, several new features in the edit menu and now you can use regions.

Regions cannot be used be used in functions or control statements, ie, if\endif, do\loop, etc. To start and end a region, `#Region\`#EndRegion.

Quote: "Bugs I have found so far with new version:
- I cant import an icon for me .exe, it simply will not let me select the icon.
- Attach media + compress to .exe dont work, or maybe im doing something wrong. If I add media from... lets say a folder called Media in my project dir, should I then enter the path like media/file.x in my source? because that do not work. I think the problem is, that it dont include the files at all."

I'll start looking at these issues as well as a few others mentioned.

Gen

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, Pentium 4 2.4 GHz, 768 MB PC3200 Ram, ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256 MB
Dark Basic Professional 5.9 Dark IDE nearly complete!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 03:00 Edited at: 9th Jun 2006 03:03
OK, its been some time since an update... so to let know of whats been going on I post this.

First big think my time has been spent on (besides work ) thinking, and lots of it. I have been trying to rework the DBP plugins and start to get them ready for infotips and autolist.

This will be a very slow process but when done there will be another plugin written that several of you have been wanting .

The infotips will display information for user created functions and DBP keywords and the autolist will be able to show DBP keywords and user defined functions and UDT's.

So theres whats been going on.

Gen

Dark Basic Professional 6.1 -- Dark IDE nearly complete!
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Great, keep up the good work!

"Error at line 0 - Your game sucks. Try again loser..." (Cash Curtis II)
AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c
Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 03:38 Edited at: 11th Jun 2006 03:42
Ignore, double post

Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 03:40
Quote: "Great, keep up the good work!"

Thanks for the comment.

After using the IDE a bit, doing some testing, I found that info tips and autolist was a major feature missing. For a project I will be starting soon, I will be using Dark IDE to try to find and track down bugs. As I find one, it will be fixed, as there reported, they will be fixed.

However not many bugs will be fixed until these last few features is implemented. I will look over the code, optimize, comment, so on and so forth along with working on my DBP project.

I have gotten a lot in place for the overhall of the DBP plugins. Now just got to get a few more classes in and a few rewritten, then start linking it all together.

Dark IDE is getting much closer to being a very good and stable IDE, right now its just a wait.

Gen

Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 02:55
HaHA! Finnally, the language editor works... and works well Have not seen much progress on infotips and autolist, but the overhall of the damned Dark Basic side did good. I just about got everything working again, just need to watch for things that may have not made the switch.

Now I can but mu focus on the infotips and autolist.

TobiasWK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 12:59
nice work man... hope for a release soon!

Need a place for your images? Try uploadimago.net
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 23:29
Lookin' good

There are three types of people, those that can count and those that can't.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 10:59:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 10:59:38