Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / TGC, you are BUSTED!

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 23:26 Edited at: 18th Mar 2006 23:30
Quote: "and this wouldn't be the only one....."

There you go getting "slap happy".

We don't need a new sherriff throwing half the forum in jail.

Okay TGC.... make me Mod for just one day. (i was hoping for my birthday but they didn't)
I'll be gentle after I get rid of this thread.

lol

Half of the forum would leave on its own if I became a MOD!

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 23:31
Quote: "We don't need a new sherriff throwing half the forum in jail."

You think half of the forum is enough

MegaMusic Pack 01.... 31 original soundtracks for your games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 23:33
Quote: "You think half of the forum is enough "

That depends on whether it's half empty, or half full.

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 00:39
Quote: "Will that provide any of the improvements for the engine?"

No it may help improve this forum, but you don't have to post if you do not want to.
Quote: "Okay, now you are making some sense. (It won't speed up the process.)
Although, negative criticism can show areas of improvement which can result in positive changes."

Agreed, and the forum I invented, asks for Pro's and Con's, you should at least look at it before posting re my comments.
Quote: "Ooops, flip-flopped again."

Not at all, that statement was my personal opinion, not why I started the forum, cant see the flip flop you refer to.
Again you may need to take a look.

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 01:01 Edited at: 19th Mar 2006 01:08
Caligari has a 'rant and raves' forum, where unproductive whingers go to die, and it seems to help keep the other threads free from garbage.

I'm not sure it would work here, but it's definitely worth thinking about imo.

The problem with having a forum like this off-site is that it would likely to be poorly attended. It defeats the purpose of soap-boxing if you don't have an audience.

Perhaps this would be good for some of the forum regulars to work out their angst, but not a real alternative to this one.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 01:11
Quote: "Perhaps this would be good for some of the forum regulars to work out their angst, but not a real alternative to this one."

Agreed, but in the absence of any other forum of this type, I offer my one.
I also would like to invite moderators to answer some of the posts that may appear, this would offer a balance to the forum.
Thanks to all.

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 01:19
Maybe this could be kind of a pvp server for FPSC.

It would be intersting to see what ensues between moderators and users if the gloves were off. It might be ugly, but it could also be therapeutic in the long run.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 01:26 Edited at: 19th Mar 2006 01:38
Quote: "you should at least look at it before posting re my comments"

That's just it, I was replying to your comments.
I was not commenting on your website's appearance, so I don't need to see it first.

Edit
Commenting about a comment is what a Chat Forum is about.
This is a TGC forum, and I didn't see any rule about visiting your website in it's AUP.

Quote: "It would be intersting to see what ensues between moderators and users if the gloves were off. It might be ugly, but it could also be therapeutic in the long run."

Honesty is only ugly if you can't handle the truth.
The truth and opinions however, are two different things.
Gloves off meaning telling the truth, yeah its a good thing.
Gloves off meaning sharing our feelings, now that's destructive.

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 01:38
Conjured Entertainment, don’t get me wrong, I mean no harm, you were referring to my idea, I fail to see how you could have a negative opinion, as you have not checked out my idea, or put me down for trying to help out, at my own expense.
I understand you have your opinion, which seem to be against my idea, you are entitled to that, I just wanted to answer your post.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 01:41 Edited at: 19th Mar 2006 01:46
Ummm..
You must have missed the part where I said ....
Quote: "Maybe that complaint forum is a good thing Aoneweb. It would keep them off our backs too!

It's all good!"

Please understand this...
I'm not against your forum, dude.

If you re-examine what I said you will find ...
I never even knocked your idea.
I first asked a simple question, then I agreed with you and added to it, then I said what I thought.

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 01:45
oops, sorry dude, I did miss that, my bad.

Just a foot note, so you all know where I stand.
Thanks to you all for your comments re: my forum.

Quote: "I have offered this forum at my expense, and have no other motive than to offer an alternative to this forum.
I will not get rich by doing this, it was purely set up after a member of this forum suggested it.
Also I am buying a script to set up a game arcade, for members to enjoy, once again free of charge.
Just trying to add a bit of fun.
"

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 01:49
Quote: "I am buying a script to set up a game arcade"

I was thinking of 2D Java programs for Cell technologies.
They would be small, easy to develop, and very portable.

Are you going to use JAVA?

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 01:57
I think the script is for Flash, here is the site.
http://www.phparcadescript.com/

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 02:25
I don't hink there is anything wrong with a thread that discusses the pros and cons fo FPSC.My problem is that it seems like there is one on every page and there are sixty some pages.It also seems that these threads keep getting bumped higher than other important threads.I think we need people to point out negative or problematic aspects of FPSC otherwise there will be no improvement.If I don't know I'm doing something wrong,chances are I'm going to keep doing it that way.
On the other hand,this is an FPSC forum and someone from FPSC pays to keep it going.Some of the threads that burn this game and even compare it with other games should not be here.Competition is a healthy thing and they have the rest of the internet to promote it.
Insulting the engine or the people who developed it is one thing (although it is childish and immature) but telling people not to buy this product or to buy something else or the thing about RFTM-you know what I'm talking about.The manual is not always clear on everthing.We need to help each other.This is one of the best support communities I have seen.While kinks may need to be worked out of the engine we need to work the kinks out of the forums.
I agree with Conjured.If I were a mod this would have been locked on day one.And I hate the locking process.This proves that the mods have been more than generous with these forums.

Not changing this sig until I get rich
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 04:05
Lost in thought, You didn't know this and I'm sure others haven't caught on yet but when I make a so called neg statement about TGC
or FPSC it is an overtoned opinion I am just having some trouble trusting them or anyone else for that matter. But I was serious
about the half-price. All except for ChrisB. he/she is not joking..
And untill I see his/her game almost finished I think he/she should
be band him/herself from the fourm. I'm going back to work on my game
now for more tweaking and thanks to bullshock and others I'm also
working on brand new animations for the characters in my game as well.
Can ChrisB say the same? I can do the work of five people..Can you? I
out rank ChrisB by 13 years on everything about 2D and 3D C+ and script I grant you that it's taken four years but in the long run my
projects will kick a$$ and you will suck ChrisB. Remove yourself from the fourms now.

I will build your game levels for food...
Support your local plug-in's for Milkshape3D
Carmacks next engine is for the Xbox360..Noooooo
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 04:35
@Raymond J,
Don't take this personally or anything like that but I have to ask you if there's anything in life you are not unhappy about?I have yet to see you post one positive thing anywherre on these forums (except maybe the half price thing) and a lot of times you make what seem to be personal attacks against people or their work.I am not saying it's all bad.We don't need a lollipops-and-gumdrops nothing is wrong attitude and you give what sometimes is a much-needed balance around here.I am just saying "Be courteous to your fellow developers..."
Now where have I seen that before?
This is not meant to be anything personal but I have read well over 100 pages of posts and it seems like you want to be confrontational for some reason.I do have to thank you,though.If it weren't for you ECS Pro (which is an outstanding product,btw) would never have come out.Heck of a way to get yourself into the credits of someone else's app.

Not changing this sig until I get rich

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 13:36:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 13:36:06