Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Particles Fog Smoke Help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Ive been messing around with the particles code trying to get a useful fog or smoke effect. Has anyone had any luck in doing this, can you do it using asingle emitter, or have you had to use a few?

Also I am struggling with what the third parameter of dbMakeParticles does, in the documentation it is labelled as Frequency, in the header file as maxParticles, I can set this value seemingly to anything without making a difference to teh emitter, can someone tell me what it is doing?

Finally I have played with the fire default and this can create a nice emitter which seems to emit particles from a given area, can this be done using teh default particle code, or is that all point based?

Thanks in advance! Mark.
Dark Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 00:25 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2005 00:27
I know this doesn’t really fix your problem. But if you want to make smoke particles I prefer to just use simple plane objects which are textured. Check out the Dark Basic Pro part of the code base, search for particles or 3D graphics effects and just convert the examples to C++ by adding 'db' in front of all the function names eg. 'Make Object Cone 1,100 -> dbMakeObjectCone(1,100)'. I hope it helps

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 13:57:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 13:57:39