Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Function prototypes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 02:28
I notice when recompiling the samples that some of the function prototypes in the #include files have been renamed

For example, the L-type sample uses the dbRGB function, whereas the function prototype is dbRgb and as C++ is case-sensitive I get a build error.

Same with dbParticleEmissions - it now has 2 m's.

It's no big deal to change these things, but I think maybe this should go in the FAQ, instead of people having to work it out for themselves

Anyway - DGSDK is looking good. I'm getting super frame rates and proper arrays, pointers to boot!

Cheers,

Scott Tunstall
Author of the UNIFIED ZOMBIE MOD (www.unifiedzombiemod.wz.cz)
Current work in progress: Retro Remake of BRUCE LEE, by Datasoft (1984)
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
I installed DarkGame not so long ago and read a lot of threads in this forum before I ventured in it, so I was aware about those changes. Some are for uniformization of the prototypes like dbRgb I guess and others were (if I recall correctly) were not in exact english like maximize and maximise. I can assure you that the changes are discussed somewhere in these forums, although I agree that the changes could be documented somewhere.

And yes, I do agree with you, it is looking good. All the problems I've been having are lack of knowledge and those "oh-have-mercy-where's-the-problem-with-this-code" type of debug.

As a newcomer I find the help file could be more helpful than it is, but my best guess is that this product was developed for a more educated segment than myself, which is not really a problem, more of a "I only wish if" thing.

DGSDK brought me a lot of motivation to proceed with game development, now as a programmer also.

I'm going out of context, right? See you later, good programming and a Happy New Year.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 20:33:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 20:33:51