Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Camera backdrop

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Howdie

I did a couple of searchs and didn't find anything. This seems obvious enough to be somewhere here, but I couldn't find it.

dbTextureBackdrop is now obsolete. Seems to me this was a great way of having a said image filling all the screen, for a given resolution (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

The thing is: if I have, let's say, a 800x600 screen and I have 800x600 images to use there, how can I achieve this? I thought of a plane but I have no idea what size it should have, what distance to the camera it should have, etc.

So basically, how do you guys put a certain screensize image showing in a way it feels the screensize resolution? I'm really lost and all help is welcomed.

V

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 14:40 Edited at: 4th Jan 2006 14:43
You could use an image (by which I mean either an image or a sprite) of the correct size, or you could create a very large 3D plain, say 10000 x 10000, and texture that.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 14:50
You don't need a large plane. Just position a small plane in front of the camera and disable zread & zwrite on it.

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "disable zread & zwrite on it"

Sorry to ask, but I hate to do things without understanding what I'm doing, so what does this do in technical terms.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 14:59
Quote: "You don't need a large plane. Just position a small plane in front of the camera and disable zread & zwrite on it."

Interesting - never thought of that, which leads to :

Quote: "Sorry to ask, but I hate to do things without understanding what I'm doing, so what does this do in technical terms."

I presume it disables depth on a 3D object - so the renderer treats it like a 2D object...

Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
That way it wouldn't wrap it up on a small object. Makes sense.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 03:43:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 03:43:29