Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Riker 9: 101

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 05:51
Please scroll down to the bottom of the page and type "Riker 9".Read to your heart's content.There are a load of threads about Riker 9.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
jaba
Years of Service
User Offline
the first one i found was a person named Cellbloc Studios who talked about it, so its a save feature ?
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 05:57
And just to clear it up before someone flames you.
Riker9 is 'enhancement' to the original FPSC code. Offering the enhancement's that One Post mentioned in the start of this thread. Riker9 is not a person. Hope that help's.

As I has Returned said, simply type in Riker9/Riker 9 into the search fuction at the bottom and read away on the history of Riker9.

Tal
jaba
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah i know i did search and found out, thanks now im filled up with this stuff.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 09:24 Edited at: 15th May 2006 09:26
Benjamin, I respect you, but I disagree. Majorly.

I, for one, still have faith (albeit at the back of my mind) in Riker 9. Cellbloc has been here a long time, a lot longer than many of us, and only 10 days less than me (and I've been here a long time).

He's shown results in other areas, regarding DBP.

And why the heck would he want to con us? To make us think "ah shoot, that was annoying!"? People con people for money, not to make them get annoyed. There was no money involved, was there?

The fact of the matter is that coding takes a long time. Now, we have no idea, admittedly, that he is working on it. That said, I left for two months without telling anyone, then came back. Why? Because I love it here. For all we know, Cellbloc is just having a break. For all we know, Cellbloc is coding away at it right now. I don't know if you use the source or code in DBP, Benjamin, but it's a hard job just getting the base code of the engine compatible with U6. Then, you need to update everything you've done. One word - HARD.

Now, I'm not claiming to be right. I don't know. But I reckon too many people pass it off as "fact" that it doesn't exist when we really have no clue.

And until Cellbloc makes some sort of apology or similar thing saying it was false, I remain hopeful, even if I don't wait for it, and just gladly think in the back of my mind what it could be like.

That said, I would like Cellbloc, as OnePost has asked before, to put up the code as is. That way, it can be made clear whether he's been working on it or not.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 15th May 2006 10:27
I dont! But I wourld love to see Riker 9 or rather 10 because I belive M.E is better than R9. And this is NOT a competition!!!

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 11:55
Mr. Love,
Quit hijacking threads!You have your own thread and this is not it.I am glad you want to advertise your product.Do it somewhere else.

FLa
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 12:05
I have a right to say My opinion IDIOT!!!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 12:14
You do not have the right to hijack a Riker9 thread to talk about your competing program.Read the terms of service.I will not lower myself to your level by name calling.Apparently if you read the TOS and attempted to abide by them you wouldn't hijack other people's threads.I do not seee anyone coming onto your thread and talking about Riker9.They have given you nothing but support and they are right to do so.However for you to come onto this thread and post crap like:
" But I wourld love to see Riker 9 or rather 10 because I belive M.E is better than R9."
That is not acceptable.no one has done that on your thread.I congratulate you on making progress with menu Extreme.Keep it confined to your own threads so that we know where to find the info about it.
And quit the name calling.You are not four years old so stop acting like it.
You have a right to your opinion.But the rules are the rules and in all fairness Cellblock does not get on your thread and mention Riker9.
I wish you the best of luck with your product.Have a good morning.

FLa
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 12:35
"I dont! But I wourld love to see Riker 9 or rather 10 because I belive M.E is better than R9. And this is NOT a competition!!!"
"You do not have the right to hijack a Riker9 thread to talk about your competing program."

You call this a hijack? Im very clear that this IS NOT a competition! You really must be the dumbest person walking in a pair of shoes!!!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 12:56 Edited at: 15th May 2006 13:03
I have decided that Mr. Love's posts aren't worth replying to.If Cellblock gets sick of this he can let Mr. Love know about it.

FLa
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 16:33 Edited at: 15th May 2006 21:46
Nevermind. I just should stay in my cave.

-This...is my boomstick!
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 19:34
Well Cellblock, whats the problem with You? I have never done anything to You except telling People the true story about Riker 9. You know I dont like to see nice People brainwashed by an Idiot that lies more than Nixon!!! But You now, this time You did cross the line...

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 19:56
Jiffy, this whole discussion could simply end if CB shows some proof. He has choosen not to, so the discussion continues.

I haven't known him for years only for 7 months or so and I think his forum behaviour is very weird and am not going to trust him until he starts keeping promises made.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 20:00
Mr. Love,
I quote you,
"You know I dont like to see nice People brainwashed by an Idiot that lies more than Nixon!!! But You now, this time You did cross the line..."
Geez,that's how I feel every time you post something in this thread.You hijacked this thread so anything CB has said is fair.
BTW just because you have release some pretty screen shots doesn't mean anything.Shut up until you release your product,if you have one...
Oh,yeah.If you knew anything about CB you wouldn't say anything about Riker 9.I am pretty sure that whatever he comes up with is going to be an excellent product.He has done some good work in some of the other forums.Just because he doesn't post here all the time,which I can hardly blame him,seeing the maturity level of people like you.He has done a lot on the TGC forums.You have done zilch.Zero.Nothing.Nada.Zip.
You cuss,you call people names and you have yet to do anything meaningful for the community.
If I were going to take someone's word for something it sure would not be yours.
Go back to making your fabled "Menu Extreme".Stay off the Riker 9 threads.In case you haven't figured it out you aren't welcome on the Riker 9 threads.You are doing this to get this thread locked and it is that simple.
If you can't quit posting on these threads with your childishness then I encourage Cellbloc to do the same to your thread.Fair is far.
Grow up.

FLa
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 20:10
Youre SICK!!!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 20:14 Edited at: 15th May 2006 20:17
Ben,
Why does he have to prove anything?He doesn't owe us jack.If he never posts again what are we going to do about it?Nothing.I fyou disagree with the existance of Riker 9 that is fine.You have the right to your opinion.
The problem lies in the fact that
a) No one has any proof that CB is not making Riker 9 either.As a matter of fact,it has been quite the opposite.OnePost and Lost In Thought,among others have confirmed the development of Riker 9.
b) Some of the childishness and insults that have been flowing thorugh this thread are inexcusable.My point is,and has been,that it would not be fair to come onto your thread and post about my game if it were complete.That is what has happened to CB.
c) A project like Riker 9 is a huge undertaking.It can't be accomplished overnight.CB said (for the millionth time) it should be done sometime in 2006.Maybe we should wait for 2007 before we burn CB and the stake...lol.
Ben,you are right not to let the unavailability of the existance or nonexistance of Riker 9 interfere in the development of your projects.And while I would love to have Riker 9 myself,I am going to continue what I am doing.If someone can't make their product because they don't have Riker 9 they are just using that as an excuse.There are ways to accomplish everything.We have posted some of the possibilities numerous times.
I appreciate your opinion and I am glad to see that you make decisions based on evidence and you don't just follow the pack.
I am sure even if Cellbloc doesn't agree with you he welcomes your posts for the most part because you post intelligently and with a high level of maturity.It is too bad some of our forum members choose not to.
The bottom line is Cellbloc is not at our beck and call and does not have to produce any kind of proof if he doesn't want to.That's life.You and I are going to continue the work we are doing I encourage others to continue too.

An added note:I can't blame CB or anyone else for not wanting to post on these forums.Ben,I hope you don't think I disagree with you.I am not trying to take sides here.I am just expressing my opinion,too.Even if no one cares about it.

FLa
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 20:51
I has returned is paid to fool You folks! He dont want us to have save & load becouse it wourld crash the market, with good free games!

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 20:54 Edited at: 15th May 2006 20:56
I has returned, imo anyone can express his or her opinion, even if I may not agree with it. That's what I'm trying to do, just expressing my feelings and opinion on this matter.

As long as it's done in a non flaming way, I do not agree with the approach same people take on this forum.

Allow me to just counter remark your remark

Quote: "No one has any proof that CB is not making Riker 9 either.As a matter of fact,it has been quite the opposite.OnePost and Lost In Thought,among others have confirmed the development of Riker 9."

That's not proof, proof is something we all need to see. If I recall correctly Lost in Thought has stopped using FPSC to move onto something else and OnePost has already expressed his doubts on the project lately...... That's what made me think about this whole thing, if even OnePost is expressing some serious doubts.

I'm just looking at it quite simply.... the major defenders/supporters of Riker9 do not even use FPSC seriously (anymore). Those are the only ones who claim to have seen proof, yet the either don't really use FPSC or have moved on by now. That's imo not really solid proof.

As for OnePost, I'm not taking him to serious when it comes to Riker9 at all. He has made a number of claims about Riker9 in the past, that CB denied or contradicted. I'm not saying this as an attack on OnePost, I've got nothing against him. Btw, he seems to be very absent lately also, strange how all of the Riker9 followers dissappear over time.

Btw.... I'm not loosing sleep over all of this, I'm actually enjoying discussions like these, too bad some people need to spoil it always by their childish behaviour and flaming.

Besides that I'm enjoying the input of poeple like Jiffy and I has returned! Even though we may not agree, but I like knowing others people opinions and thoughts.

GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 20:59
Mr Love, please stop, you're spoiling it all..... but I'm guessing that's your goal anyway.

We're trying to have a civilized discussion and sharing of opinions, so please post your silly and unneccessary remarks somewhere else.... on a forum far far far far very away from this one.....

If you want to add something, please do add something worthwhile!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 21:08
You are right,Ben.Unfortunately I cannot do anything about Riker 9.
Just for the record I am not getting paid to post on these forums.Look in my profile,etc. If you don't believe me.Anyone who says I get paid is delusional.Two points...
Why wouldn't I want save and load?Darn,I guess I want to hanidcap myself.that makes no sense.There are other improvements I would like to see in FPSC as well.
Second,how would having good free games crash the market?That is asinine!There are lots of free games of varying quality out there.I still purchase games and so will every gamer.
Mr. Love,the more you post the worse you look.Do yourself a favor and go post somewhere else.Ben and I as well as other forum members can carry on a good debate and use inteeligence and common sense.
You might try it.
BTW you can make games without save and load.

FLa
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 21:21
Quote: "You are right,Ben.Unfortunately I cannot do anything about Riker 9."

Neither can I, I wish I could.

Quote: "BTW you can make games without save and load."

That's what I've done, http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=78354&b=25! Perhaps you missed it? Try it and post in the thread what you think of it! I'd love to hear your remarks and Jiffy's remarks also, I really do miss both of your opinions on my game. When it comes to game making I do highly repects the opinion of some people around here, but unfortunally none of those have made any remarks about my game

Perhaps I angered all of you by beating you in creating a full and working game with FPSC?

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 21:24
Spoiling what? lol! Just telling the truth... And yeah Your profile is really a proof!!!

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 21:29
Looks good Benji, but why do they have waterguns?

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 21:37
It's part of the story and the twist of the game. You're fighting agains Androids. You could just shoot them or blow them up with any ordinary gun, but I decided to think of somehing more original. You shoot them with waterguns and the result is melted and short fused Android brains with rusted joints

Also imo there's enough violence around and I'm trying not to add to it, but making this fps game accessable to just about anyone. It's just a goal I've set for myself, creating games that can be played by as many as possible and games that do not rely on massivee killing, violence, mass destruction, blood and gore and so on.

Try making an fps game without those elements is very challenging, but I do believe I've succeeded in doing so.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 21:49
I think I want more blood in My games, But water maybe only exist here on earth so its quite genius! Im more for making mission games like Rainbow Six, thats why I created My Menu program. All Tom Clancy games are awesome!!!

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 22:05
Locked - and now payng the price for deliberately starting the bun-fight

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 18:07:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 18:07:53