Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Legalities with formats and DarkBasic Std/Ehd/Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 02:08
oki... i for one and sick and tired of hearing everyone noting about what is legal to do and not legal.

quite frankly ANYONE with these questions without any actual demonstration version of thier game online, should ask themselves one question.

Did i get into DarkBasic Programming for making games or for making money?

at the end of the day almost everyone here is either LEARNING to program or here to help those TO LEARN howto program...
if you come into this language thinking that its a quick way to make a buck, then there is a Sign Out button below - might i suggest you use it until you wish to be realistic about games development.

The first questions that go through a programmers mind SHOULD NEVER be, will i be sued for using this or am i eligable to pay money IF this game sells Nth amount of copies?

no the first question should always be... "what do i want this game to be about?"
if your preoccupied by financial based questions then you're not a games developer, your a development/production manager and this is NOT the place for training on this front ... i'd suggest GNVQ in Business Studies at your local College or a Bacholars Degree in Business Practises.

YOUR FIRST AND FOREMOST duty is to your game/product, never to what the costs and revenue will be for utilising things.

perhaps once everyone starts to learn again and forgets about the legalities of format use then maybe they can start getting on with ACTUALLY MAKING SOME DAMND SOFTWARE!!

... just my two cents on the matters
Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 03:19
lmao I agree with u BUT I suppose no1 wants to spend years making something only to be told a week after posting it on the net that they have to remove it

But yeah ppl, lets stop wasting time in the forums making excuse and finish some projects! Oh wait - I'M wasting time here too.... dammit!

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 04:58
Hey, hey, I assume that my MP3 post sparked this. Look, I don't plan on selling anything untill I master DBPro. Sure I have my idea, but I'm not even starting on it untill I get better, plus it'll take at least 3 or 4 years to make. I'm being realist, but I'm also planning ahead. Remember G-Max? I'm not even gonna tough it because I don't want to waste my time on something that I'll never get to use in a product. While I learn DBPro, I'll also look out for future speed bumps.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 08:30:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 08:30:12