Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Book Request for Comments: Building DBPro Plugins Simple to Advanced

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 22:06 Edited at: 19th Jan 2006 01:36
Could we get a book for developing plugins for DarkBasic pro. From simple to some of the complex stuff that has been done like those that are being sold.

WHen I say complex, I don't mean showing how to make the clothe sim or the particle system work. However, I mean interfacing with the internals of the DarkBasic Pro rendering engine, or geting data types back and forth from various programing languages.

I know this forum has a lot of this info, but there are links missing most of the time and you spend more time hunting for information than actually trying to implement your ideas.

I would be willing to pay up to 70 bucks for a good book that will cover all plugin development aspects, and having small and realistic projects that get stright to the point.

Coverage should include Visual C, Visual Basic, and .NET applications and the tricks to go between them. I wouldn't mind weighting until after version 6 is out b/c I would expect that TGC might be doing a new product to support the latest tech. Oh and coverage of the DBO model although this is documented, again, I will pay to have it in one place that I can curl up and read with my laptop in well lap.

So what do you guys think? I think a book would be invaluable and a great learning experience, also help to extend the life of DBPro if something becomes its successor if they go that route for Win Vista.

Cheers

[See attached for My Rant]

IDIC (Infinite Diversity Infinite Combinations)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr Anderson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2006 23:56
So; no comments aye?

I would think a few people would be interested from what I have read through out the forum section.

IDIC (Infinite Diversity Infinite Combinations)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-25 17:02:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-25 17:02:01