Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / My first time snowboarding

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2003 01:13
Well yesterday my school took a day off to go snowboarding and/or skiing I had a blast! It was one of the funnest things I have ever done!

I am really bad at riding with only one foot in the binding (as when getting off the 'lift) but I am pretty good at riding with both feet in

After my lessons at the beginning of the day, our instructer had us ride down half the slope. I didnt fall or nothing, and since I dont know how to slow down I went down nice and fast, and curved perfectly

The problem is stopping When I tryed to heel slide to stop at the bottom I caught an edge with my toe side and went FLYING!!

Now when Im going down the run if I want to slow down I just heel slide and sit on my butt then get back up and go

It was very cool that my school did this- its a private school so its pretty cool. The best part was, it was free. Boots + Board rental and lift tickets are all free The only thing we had to pay for was our food Fun fun!

Well, this is just me rambling, but I had a lot of fun Even though I fell a lot (most on purpose using my 'slowing down' technique) I still had a blast.

One problem though, I AM SO SORE!! I hurt all over! I could barely get out of bed this morning! Argh!! I think Ill go downstairs and take another advil

I hope any other snowboarders have as fun as I did Im sure you all remember your first time, and the excruciating pain you were in when you woke up the next morning

Cheers!

RPGamer
Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2003 14:46
Where did you go? I've been ski-ing twice in the alps with my school (it cost though) in Italy, it's well fun, especially the jumps, I take it you didn't do any jumps since it was your first time. Short skis are crazy, you can go down really steep slopes with them and they're really manuvarable too. I went for a week each time. I'd like to have a go at snowboarding, my brother's done it, he says it's really wierd compared to ski-ing.

Funny though, I didn't have much pain after day 1, a bit after I got home but that's it, did you warm up before you started? Oh well.

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2003 17:39
Hey- nah I didnt warm up at all- and I havent done any physical activity for a year because I had surgery on my leg earlier this year.

Snowboarding est tres fun Ive never tried skiing. Im in the US, and I went to a really small mountain.

I saw a few people on short skis, I dont know how the do it. I dont know if I could use both my legs seperatly to steer, so I just snowboard Very fun!

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2003 00:08
ive gotta go to the french alps some time, lol..
congrats RPGamer

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2003 22:34
Nice1 RPG I love snow boarding, only sustained minor injuries through it I'm better on a s8 board, but worse on a surf board - neva gonna b pro on any tho lmao

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2003 23:49
Sk8boarding's better than all ski-ing and snowboarding, more versatile and varied, and quickly accesable when you live where the highest thing around is a molehill in my back garden (East Anglia) LOL!.

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 23:15:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 23:15:58