Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / filemapping DLL

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2006 14:15
Is it possible to piggyback the load commands so that they infact read from a memory location, rather than disk? Obviously, if you had access to the source you could butcher the functions to do this, but unfortunately, we can't rewrite load image.

I was thinking that you could use filemapping, but the filemapping creation routines libraries return handles, and AFAIK you can't pass a handle into load object - it has to be a string.

I appreciate you could just extract or write out the file you want to load to disk, but I'd consider this insecure. Also, you could just use convert memblock to image, but what happens when you're not loading an image - let's say you're using the new Gile[s] importer.

I hope someone knows what I'm babbling on about. Bottom line: Is it possible to use "fake" filesystem locations to use filemapping, rather than file descriptor handles?

[center]
iv tryed everything!!!!!!!!!! could u please just add The gun and shooting Code thats All!!!!!!!!!
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2006 13:47
It's not possible

The other way would be to build a memblock/mesh using your own routine from data in a filemap.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2006 23:12
1 - Write a device driver
- Would need to reboot the machine to make it active. If you get it wrong ... goodbye system!

2 - Intercept calls to the windows file IO functions in Kernel32.
- Safer, but need to understand the IO function calls and handle them all correctly without exception.

Neither easy, and needing expert knowledge of windows internal workings.

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2006 22:56
Thanks for your input. I'm sure you can appreciate how this would promote "professional" development, but if it isn't possible it isn't possible.

once again, cheers

[center]
iv tryed everything!!!!!!!!!! could u please just add The gun and shooting Code thats All!!!!!!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 22:24:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 22:24:00