Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Quick vs 2003 question (how to start a fresh project)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 03:26
I am able to get my own project going when I just hack up one of the existing sample programs, however I have yet to get a 'fresh' project to work. Can anyone walk me through the steps? Heres what im doing...

1.) Launch VS, create a "Visual C++ Project -> Win 32 Project"

2.) Before the project is created I click "Application Settings" to specify a "Empty Project" project

3.) I add a "Main.cpp" and paste my darkSDK code

I always get the following error when trying to build...

Even when I just have empty space or even a simple void main() {} in my Main cpp, I still get this error.

HOWEVER, I was able to hack up one of the sample programs to this same level (just a main cpp file basically) and it runs just fine.

Am I missing something? I take it the sample programs followed different steps than I did when they created their 'blank' templates.

Thanks in advance for any help

All you need is zeal
Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 07:20
NM Not sure what I did but it works now...

All you need is zeal
Barnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 12:01
Your steps are correct (at least I do it the same way), but in your main cpp file, that means there where you implement the

void DarkSDK (void) { }

function, has to be an

#include "DarkSDK.h"

command on top of the file.

You may not use a main() function, since the main() function is already implemented in the DarkSDK library somewhere.. this main function then calls your DarkSDK() function.

hope this is correct.

greets,
Barnski.

-- I just started with DarkSDK, by translating DBP Projects. --
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2006 21:55
Hi,

I've used Scooby's DGSDK App Wizard since dot, which works a treat: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=53443&b=22.

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 08:40:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 08:40:17