Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / DarkScript v1.0 EA

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 06:30
Quote: "Is there an approximative timeline for the integration of parameters for DBP user functions? My project need this functionality and I would like to know if I should code my script system (even if slower than yours) or wait for the next DS update =)."

That answer should come in less than 7 days. Tonight I'm going to take a look at the code and try a few tests since I got some ideas after thinking about how to code it out.

The way I'd like the command to work would compatible with the old way, but also offer an extra parameter of the total number of user function parameters. This extra command parameter is needed because DS is a seperate engine, and I will manually have to push each argument for the function on to the process' stack before calling the user function.

Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 07:06 Edited at: 25th Apr 2006 11:28
Quote: "Is there an approximative timeline for the integration of parameters for DBP user functions? My project need this functionality and I would like to know if I should code my script system (even if slower than yours) or wait for the next DS update =)."

I worked long and hard on trying to find an answer for this. Over 12 hours of coding time, and also contacted the authors of GM. Unfortunetly I am disappointed at the results, but I unable to do this the way I wanted to. What I can do to add parameter support for dbpro functions is create a command that looks like this:

Also I have added the command:

These updates will be released within the next 5 days or less. There will also be a new DS plugin released for using a console window with your dbpro app, useful for debugging and even retro ascii games if you're in the mood to go that far back in time.

Lord Belial
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 21:55 Edited at: 26th Apr 2006 22:04
your DBPro.Call(...) will work perfectly for me =). Keep on the good work and thanks for the include =).

Lord Belial
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2006 09:45
Lord Belial,

I'm currently working on getting the examples and documentation up-to-date for dbpro 6.0. If you still have some time left on your trial version and want to play around I can send out an email of the updated DLL to you.

Lord Belial
Years of Service
User Offline
No sadly I don't have any time left on the demo, also I just reinstaled everything for update 6. But thanks for the offer. I should buy your plugin shortly =).

Lord Belial
Lord Belial
Years of Service
User Offline
any news?

Lord Belial
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 12:17 Edited at: 15th May 2006 05:23
Quote: "any news?"

The update we spoke about is complete, and needs uploaded. I've held off on that upload for the current time because it's interfering with the DS plugins somehow. Once that gets worked out I can release that update including the console plugin.

Out of boredom at work this past week I started experimenting with a winsock wrapper DS plugin. That still has quite a few kinks to work out before that gets released, but the basic client/server stuff works fine.

[edit]

A new work week started and I began updating the plugins, and it's easier to update than first imagined. These should be finished by the morning, and then I will create some final tests and upload the newest release of DarkScript.

Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 08:46
I mentioned a Console plugin for DS a couple posts ago. Here's an example of this plugin where I ported an ASCII version of Minesweeper to DarkScript.

To download this example, click here.

This DS plugin is complete, but more information and its release will come soon!

Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 10:25
May 23, 2006

Updates made:

- Users now have the abililty to pass parameters back to their dbpro functions. Backword capability has been maintained with the setup and usage of user functions. Here's a look at the new format:

Using a DBPro user function with no parameters

Using a DBPro user function with parameters

- Help files & examples updated.
- Plugins updated.

In addition work has begun on two new plugins for DS. One is a plugin that works with a console window. Many possiblities can come from its uses, such as; debug window, information window, or an outlet for ascii style games. The second one is a plugin for winsock, it still needs lot of work and is in an experimental stage at this point.

The script editor will be worked on some more in the near future to include a compiling menu option. Also, the abililty to run scripts as stand alone programs is in the works. Current progress with that is still in the script layout design.

Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 04:19
This is looking very nice Torrey... Very nice

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, Pentium 4 2.4 GHz, 768 MB PC3200 Ram, ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256 MB
Dark Basic Professional 5.9 Dark IDE nearly complete!
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2006 06:23
Quote: "This is looking very nice Torrey... Very nice"

Thanks for the nice compliment!

Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2006 07:48
Any news?

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, Pentium 4 2.4 GHz, 768 MB PC3200 Ram, ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256 MB
Dark Basic Professional 6.1 -- Dark IDE nearly complete!
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 06:25
Quote: "Any news?"

Nothing new right now because I've started working on some other coding projects that needed to get worked on. Is there something specific you're looking for that wasn't already included yet? I'm pretty quick at coding so if you have any good suggestions, I'll work up something for you.

Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2006 04:03
News:

Sometime within the next 5 days I will be migrating my website to a new load balanced platform. It will take up to 24 hours for routers around the world to get the DNS update.

Xo TwOfAcE oX
Years of Service
User Offline
awesome!
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 11:49
DarkScript News:

During this week I am going to begin creating a script command information file for each DS plugin. It'll be much easier to use that as reference compared to only checking the example code provided.

I also apologize for not getting the console plugin out faster. That plugin is now complete and after the writing of the script command file for it I will upload it asap. Two game examples, and one simple example will be included in that archive.

In another week or two work will begin again on the script editor.

Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 10:28 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 10:28
News - August 1st, 2006

DarkScript was tested with the latest 6.2 dbpro update and worked perfectly, no updates were needed for compatibility.

Lover of games
Years of Service
User Offline
So, wait, if i buy this Darkscript i can make games for X-box?!!?!
how much is it?!

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 06:26 Edited at: 30th Aug 2006 06:27
Ohh, after thinking on it for a few seconds, I see where you come up with X-Box.

No you cannot make games for game consoles, console is being used here like the Windows Command Prompt. Example of it:

This is a DBPro plugin and DBPro can only make computer games.

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, 2048 MB Daul Channeled PC3200 Ram, ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256 MB
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 07:22
The GameMonkey core was used in some games on the XBox platform released by gaming companies. This particular version is meant for Windows and DarkBasic Professional.

Gen, the image you posted above is from a DarkScript plugin. It gives users the ability to use a console window with their DarkBasic Pro application/game.

Development News as of August 30th 2006

This plugin has been stable for 3 dbpro releases without needing to be changed in any way. The finalization process started tonight for putting together the v1.0 commercial package (meaning soon, no more EA). After that is complete I'm sending over a presentation of this plugin to Rick from TGC. In the meantime any updates will still go on the Purchased Downloads link on my website. If there is any problems with that portion of the site, please let me know as soon as possible. My host just recently switched platforms and management, which left me with a ton of php problems to fix. Everything seems to be working fine on the website except the shopping cart.

Lover of games
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, i always did want to add a console like thing to my games like in half life 1 and all the other Valve games. So I could do that with Darkscript? BTW, how much is it?

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 18:59
Quote: "Well, i always did want to add a console like thing to my games like in half life 1 and all the other Valve games. So I could do that with Darkscript? BTW, how much is it?"

The console screen you see in those Valve games would need to be coded in dbpro. DarkScript is a scripting engine plugin similar to Unity, but is really a different beast. My plugin has the ability to use your dbpro user functions as script commands, which can offer you more direct contact with dbpro from your scripts.

The picture you saw above with the minesweeper game in the console window is a Windows console, similar to ms-dos command prompt window. A console of that type is good for text based games, and also debugging within your applications/games.

The current price for the EA is $18.99. This cheaper price will entitle the user to the commerical release that is currently being designed and pieced together as I speak.

Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 03:01
Update for September 7th, 2006

An important update was released today and can be found in "Purchased Downloads" (at the bottom of the page). Users that rely on DS for using their user functions as script commands should download this update as soon as possible.

Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 21:59 Edited at: 29th Nov 2006 08:53
Update for November 25th, 2006

DarkScript was updated on the 25th. If you have purchased this plugin please head over to the purchased downloads to get your update.

----

In other fun news I started working on a boids example. If you're not familiar with the term boids, think of it as an AI flocking example. If you understand the script feel free to make changes for testing, or if you're not sure what does what, just change the total_boids variable at the top if you'd like to play.

Click here to download the boids (AI flocking) example.

Vampiric
Years of Service
User Offline
Any updates? i'm thinking of buying this but i've heard about the only 1 pc bug when i develop on 2 different comps

All bow down to evil
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 10:54
Quote: "Any updates? i'm thinking of buying this but i've heard about the only 1 pc bug when i develop on 2 different comps"

Ah, that wasn't a bug it was the anti-piracy feature going off. The user transferred the plugin to another computer without using the installer to validate the copy. Using on 2 different machines is fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 19:28:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 19:28:32