Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / piXel viXion v1.1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2006 23:05
piXel viXion v1.1 is a 3d modeling tool that is completely free. Since v1.0 I have made alot of changes to it. Now there is no typing in object shapes or yes/no. Now there are list of options that drop down and you just press the number of the option you want. piXel viXion v1.1 is in a window instead of full screen like v1.0. There is also a grid. Let me know what you like/dislike about v1.1 and tell me if there are any bugs or problems and they will be fixed by v1.2. Dont forget to post any good models here that you make.

There are two types of people in this world: people who are extremly cool and are good at everything and people who are me.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2006 23:30 Edited at: 19th Feb 2006 23:36
I can certainly see why it's free - after 5 minutes, this is the best I could make:

Attachments

Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2006 23:41
I think you should check out the DBPro coding challenges board for how to make a real modelling tool

Halo Man
Years of Service
User Offline
My suggestion would be to make simple buttons, with tools that you can find in other 3D modelors(extrude,intrude,rotate...) instead of assigning each one a number. Than you can start adding features that will make people want to own your product.

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 00:04 Edited at: 20th Feb 2006 00:07
and my suggestion would be to stick to one thread about your work and stop bugging people with numerous threads about the same worthless project.

Also, you are calling this version 1.1 so maybe it should be in 'Program Announcments' instead of clogging up here, although personally I don't think it even deserves to make 'Work In Progress' status yet.

When you have something worth telling us about then post about it but not until ... and when you do, stick to one thread.

Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 03:28
here is a vey simple tree that I made.

There are two types of people in this world: people who are extremly cool and are good at everything and people who are me.

Attachments

Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 04:06
The tool is good once you get to know it just practice with it for a while. If you want I will make a really good model to prove the awsome power that is... piXel viXion.
just tell me what to make and I will make it and post it here!

Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
^Anime style Chibi character

but seriously, i think this mite have some potential, but dont release it until u reach a useable level. Learn the basic structure of a modeling program like vertex manulaption, UV map etc., and make GUI before attempting this. Not trying to be discouraging, but this can be done with like 30-1hr of work, work on it a bit before advertising throughout the board.

nack

I have NOT abandon these ^......^_^V hehe
Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 04:36
thanks for your input Nack. I still have no idea what a Chibi is. I am going to work on a button system click and drag for v2.0 but that might take a while but if you want anything fixed quikly then tell me and I'll fix it for v1.2.

Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2006 20:00
Does anyone not know how to use textures in it. If you dont know Ill help you out.

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2006 22:30
Waste of space #3

Matinuker
Years of Service
User Offline
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2006 22:58
SirFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 05:03
I know this one isn't locked, but how do you guys keep posting in locked threads? I know that over in the dbp forum Scraggle posted in a thread that was locked, and so did others.

What the deely-o?

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2006 16:12
classic evil i will tell oyu something that i like about it. i like how easy it is to loadtextures i meen it is so simple and easy. i havesome sugestion make it so that you can move theobject with mouse and you should add some furniture prefabs.

Check out my site!(unfinished)
http://www.freewebs.com/dbnewbie/
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2006 17:39 Edited at: 10th Mar 2006 17:39
Wow, are DB newbie and Classic Evil the same person? That would sure explain the spelling / punctuation / time space physics warp that occured to make someone LIKE this program...

Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2006 18:41
yea Lockit now classic evil seems to have left tgc and that was a near 1 month bump

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 02:31
wait what you gusy think that im classic evil.

Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 05:22
Thanks for the positive comment DB newbie...
... no Im just joking DB newbie is the name of my other account. I just made it up to confuse people and to make myself (classic evil) look like a genius.

SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 05:31
<Pointless Part> HOW DARE YOU, we all know I am the only one who has clones around here, evil noob clones (yes, im still on my evil clone kick), So Die at the almighty power of this menacing smily . </Pointless Part>

I was going to defend this "modeling tool", but uh, then I looked at it. Intresting, how very, very, intresting.

If you're so smart, why are you reading my post?
Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 05:35
whats that supposed to mean

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 14:45
It was supposed to mean he thought it sucked.

Dont kill the messenger.

M.I.A is pending
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 15:18
3d modeling tool is a name for a usefull tool, witch i really wouldn`t say for this one..

Currently working on (trying) making a new 3d engine for/within dark basic classic out of basic 2d commands, with vertex edit supported.
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 16:06
ok classic evil it is not the best but it is a good start for the first if you continue add some stuff like prefabs and make it so you can use the mouse to move objects but the texture system is alright.

Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 05:00
Thanks DB newbie.
Most people just tear it apart. It might not be as good as 3d studio max but it is alot better than coding in all of the cordinates, scales, etc...
As for the texture system that was the one feature that I thought was really good to. Most tools make you go through a long process of texturing but with this one you just press a button.

I havent been working on a newer version of it just yet but I will have mouse controls in that version when I make it. I am currently working on my new game Wars Of Wrath which is made entirely with piXel viXion. I will soon release some screen shots of it so you can see the potential of the tool.

FoxBlitzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 08:14
Quote: "Most tools make you go through a long process of texturing but with this one you just press a button."

Yes, but most tools actually make the texture get applied on there properly. UV-mapping just simply takes time to do, and it will look bad if you're just using a one-step method like you'd find in the texture object command.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
1GB DDR-SDRAM (May increase to 2GB one day)
512MB ATI Radeon X1800 Series - Finally! A card that does pixel shaders correctly!
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 12:08
Yes, it has some potentional, but you need to add buttons...

Currently working on (trying) making a new 3d engine for/within dark basic classic out of basic 2d commands, with vertex edit supported.
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 17:20
yah uv maping would make it better.

Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 19:38
if by UV mapping you mean the scroll texture command then I dont know how it works I've tried it before but nothing happened can you tell me how to use UV mapping because it doesnt seem to work

Mason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 20:10
I like the tree you made Classic Evil, but seems like I don't know the background on your "posting habits" because everyone doesn't seem to happy right now.

I think it definitely needs a good gui. I also think that this should be in thw w.i.p. forum because it doesn't seem finished yet. Keep it up.

Check out Penguin in the Projects Section!!!
http://www.prodigyarts.5gigs.com
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 01:35
hey is this modeling tool also ment for map making if so you should try to add lightmapping in th enext version. keep working on it i think if you keep building up on it adding new features you might be able to sell it.

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 02:08
hey classic evil can you mak ea house with insides becuase if you can show me one i migh tuse it for some house making stuff.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 03:48
Quit bumping your topic up with your other account.

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT 128MB, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Want a real FPS? Click here!
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 04:10
omg everyone thinks that i am classic evil stop it is really buging. looks at your FPS post i am the same guy that posted on your thread.

Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 22:06 Edited at: 14th Mar 2006 22:06
DB newbie thanks for giving me suggestions instead of what you hate about it like most people do. As for house making check the thread I made in the DBP forum called "free RTS models. Now those models are very simple with very low poly counts but it should show you that piXel viXion can make buildings. If you want I'll try to make a high poly on with an interior.

Matt W
Years of Service
User Offline
I still don't belive this isn't locked!
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 22:29
Quote: "Thanks for the positive comment DB newbie...
... no Im just joking DB newbie is the name of my other account. I just made it up to confuse people and to make myself (classic evil) look like a genius."

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT 128MB, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Want a real FPS? Click here!
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 02:26
i am not classic evil check our ips if you want to of both of his accounts. classic evil tell him.

Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 23:35
Its true what I say on my other account (DB newbie). I also have another account called Matt W

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2006 04:38
you know what tell them that im not you.

Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2006 09:23
Someone should lock this thread, it really is a waste of space!

Currently working on WORLD, a free world editor for DBP and another world building tool for the OMMORPG project!
Matt W
Years of Service
User Offline
What! I'm not Classic Evil. I wouldn't be stupid enough to
post a program which isn't worthy WIP status in Program
Announcemencts.

Anyway, why would Classic Evil say that his own thread
should be locked?
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2006 16:20
oh omy god will a MOD please lock this thread classicevil is buging me. and by the way classic evil i dont support this project anymore.

Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 01:14
OK
I'll admitt it this is my only account.

Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 01:18
Everyone I have started to work on piXel viXion v2.0 which will feature the following:
-buttons
-mouse control over objects
-more in depth texture options
-lighting options
-and more

If anyone has any suggestions of what else it should include then please let me know. I will be posting screen shots soon of the new features(buttons,etc...).

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 04:57
some pre made textures that re already in your program and this will probaly be to hard to do but an exporter and vertex manipulation. looking forward when do you think 2.0 will be out.

Matinuker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "oh omy god will a MOD please lock this thread classicevil is buging me. and by the way classic evil i dont support this project anymore."

Quote: "some pre made textures that re already in your program and this will probaly be to hard to do but an exporter and vertex manipulation. looking forward when do you think 2.0 will be out."

?

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 02:44
he said that he addmitted that classic evil was his only account but even though it isnt. people wont get me mixed up anymore hopefully.

Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 00:31
Im not sure when V2.0 will be out (im very very very busy right now)
as for the premade textures Im not sure what good that will do but if you mean as a bonus sort of media file then that is a good idea. As for vertex manipulation that is the #1 new feature that I want to add.

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 00:52
ok cool and what i ment by premade textures was like in CShop how it already came with textures fro you to use in the modeler.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 23:33:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 23:33:35