Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / QBasic-DarkBasic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am making a converter, what do you guys think?

I am currently digging through 10,20,30,40,50... Numbers, they use them as labels, and that hurts :/
http://web.utanet.at/nkehrer/m_ldrun.jpg[/img]
Toughest line of codecol$=asc(left(Pcol$)),1+str$(rev)+chr(80)+left(right(mid(name$),1),1)
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Forgot to say, This could attract alot of people to start using DB..

Toughest line of codecol$=asc(left(Pcol$)),1+str$(rev)+chr(80)+left(right(mid(name$),1),1)
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 05:08
perhaps 6-10years ago i'd of agree'd, but most people now havn't a clue what the hell qBasic is/was. So don't expect any huge well done

however it would be interesting to see this completed

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 05:39
oh oh! i started on qbasic!! er...5 yrs ago......
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 12:51
There's a strangly big community still based around QBasic - maybe cos its free, or maybe cos a lotta young ppl get given their brothers old low spec PCs

I haven't used it for years, I used to make "sprite" based games using loads of size 0, circles slow but graphically impressive for such a ltd platform

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Xoid
Years of Service
User Offline
PiratSS, I think it's a good idea, go for it

Sorry Raven, but I disagree with you there are still alot of young/older people using the older languages, such as QBasic, AmigaBasic, BBC Basic, Turbo Pascal etc... because they are excellent as a learning tool, still very enjoyable to use. I dug up my Amiga 500 not so long ago, LOL and messed around with AmigaBasic, hehe, that was an experience.
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 13:08
Ha Ha! My post was deleted. I did put FEW in inverted commas, meaning 'a lot'. Oh well, you can't be too careful comparing DB with other stuff on these boards.

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 16:07
perhaps... i've really not heard anything within the past few years about qBasic really - can't say i ever cared to get into that scene really.

first programming language i used was Amos and then i moved onto AmigaC to QuakeC, Borland C++, Pascal, Visual Basic, Borland C++ again (second attempt to actually get something to compile for once), DarkBasic, Visual C++,Shader Assembly,DarkBasic Pro, nVidia ShaderC, C#

... i've had some flirtings with Java, JavaScript & html - but on a as and when i need to use them basis rather than a "right i'm gonna actually get to understand this language" kinda attitude
and most of what i know for them are mostly Flash based hehee

if there is still a large following might be interesting to see how this is recieved ... might end up just like that DarkBasic -> C compiler
was a weird creation - and wasn't very good either

qBasic shouldn't be too hard to convert though...
i mean most of the commands are already there (^_^)

just use gosubs instead of Procs and your golden

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
cusoi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 16:13
But there are many commands in QBasic that are not in Dark Basic. Dark Basic only haves the standard needed commands from other basic languages.

Current project: Packageman, a remake of pacman.
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
I started with QBasic after I learend HTML. Luckly I found a site that told me how to do RPGS, www.members.aol.com/radiohands - some of da best tutorials. I got out of QBasic when I went to Visual Basic - that wasn't for me so I ended up with DarkBASIC.

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET and Multi2k.NET.
Nothing is something, and something is then nothing. Life is an illusion.
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
Woops - this didn't post:

Great idea to convert QB to DarkBASIC. I think it would be much easier to do it the other way around because of all the weird things Microsoft put into QBasic...but still, go for it!

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET and Multi2k.NET.
Nothing is something, and something is then nothing. Life is an illusion.
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys!

I am almost done!

Everything is implimented(well, genreally),

this is going to be cool!

15 Snippets Worked that I downloaded from Web!!!

Expect a patch soon!

Current project for RGT:
NetBounty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 08:24
I actually started with plain BASIC on the c64. It was really useful when I discovered DarkBASIC because most commands form BASIC were still there. I used QBASIC to make my own karaoke thing. Thats was fun, you hit play on the cd-player and then "x" and the words came up and coloured as the song went on.

www.pulsesoftware.xrs.net
Under Complete Reconstruction

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 12:32:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 12:32:57