Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Winsock DLL question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 00:02
Hi, I am using a winsock DLL from Exeat, which has the following text in it's readme file:

Now, my problem is that whenever I run the examples or make a simple app myself it works just fine. However, as soon as I use Labels or Functions (I think) my app crashes on start-up.
Does anyone have a cure for this?
(BTW, saying I should use other DLLs isn't going to help me here7 )

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 01:31 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 01:34
use an earlier dll from Exeat, the predecessor to the one you have there. Go to my site and get the earlier version and see if it works out better. It may, it may not....

http://www.mod2software.com/dbp/dbpwinsock.zip

FREE Automatic file updates for your distributed Games and Apps - see Program Announcements Forum - DBP Demo
Shogun Blackbrunei
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 11:40 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 11:52
It works, thanks.
I still have one question though:
Does this earlier version have the same commands and functionality as the one I had?
Because I've been playing around a bit and when I try to connect it works fine but shortly after I get the following error in my server app:
-- Error:Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure --

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 13:15
i think its nearly the same but I dont remember. hopefully Exeat can answer your question...

FREE Automatic file updates for your distributed Games and Apps - see Program Announcements Forum - DBP Demo
Shogun Blackbrunei
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 13:31
Okay, well thanks

Shogun Blackbrunei
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 14:26 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 14:31
Hmm well I've found that the error is not because of Exeat's DLL, but of yours CattleRustler!
You see, I use your DBP_NETLIB 1.4.3 and I do have the .NET framework 1.1 installed. I want to use your DLL because I need to manipulate strings, however when I leave that piece of code out it works just fine. When I put it in there, my app crashes somehow
I may be wrong here but I think it has something to do with your DLL... (or my use of it)

[edit]
Never mind, it was my use of it
[/edit]

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 14:56 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 14:57
heh

so now winsock is all ok too? which one are you using now the old one from my site or the new one?

Shogun Blackbrunei
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 23:30
I am using the one from your site, and it works just fine

bduffy
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to use Exeat's DBPWinsock DLL to make a DBC client talk to a Java server. Everything is working great when the DBC client sends messages to the server, but I run into a problem when I try to receive messages back from the server.

I can use ws_MessageCount to tell me how many messages have been sent, but when I try to call ws_Receive to fetch the message(s) I always get a "Severe Exception!" error.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Thanks.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 11:57
I wasn't aware I released 2 versions of this plugin!

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 17:46
Ex, yes the one I have and the one that tends to not break is the one you did for DarkTOPIA. Hope you dont mind that I pass that one ariound here and there. Usually its when people say they are using your 1.5.1 dll and are having problems.

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2006 02:21
Yeah, I thought it was the same one though, guess not. Not sure what the technical differences are, either.

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 05:43:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 05:43:23