Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Help - Not displaying textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First off, i would like to say hello to everyone and sayi cant wait until i get this thing running.

Ok, so i have VS2003 and Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (October 2004), but not the extra pack. The headers and librarys are included in this order:
C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark Game SDK - FREEWARE Edition(\Include)(\Lib\VS7)
C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (October 2004) (\Include)(\Lib)

As well i have installed Direct X 9c and my graphics driver is Nvidia 81.98 which is the newest one, and my project is set to release mode.

Here is the thing. Most of the samples compile, but the problem is that there are no textures on any of the object in any of the samples which i have suscessfully compiled and run.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 11:35
You need to either move the executable to before the directory holding the samples, or move the samples to the executable.

Acolyte
Years of Service
User Offline
He's right, that happened to me and I didn't know what was going on. The .exe that you execute must be in the same directory as the media that you use unless you are using absolute paths for your files.

The scarecrow has no mind, but serves its function well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 07:38:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 07:38:58