Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Program locks up

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, so i downloaded the VS 2003 DGSDK Wizard, and created a net project. The code Looks like:

This code will compile, but when i run the program no cube is displayed as well i can not interact with the program in any way except that the Esc key does seem to shut the program down (i.e. the close minimixe and maximize buttons dont work, and i can not move the window).
Barnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 21:37
Hi Mr. Squishy,

you need to call "dbSync()" in your loop.

this will draw all things on the screen and refresh your input or alike.. to your window, such that it should react!!

so the sync command should go right before the end of your main loop.

greets,
Barnski.

PS; As what goes for the examples you are having problems with; I had these problems too! it is because the media is not in the same folder as the executables. Altough some samples even required some renaming of functions, because during the update they change some function names, but did not update the demo!

Also the help files are not up to date, so for the actual function names you have to look at the DarkSDK header files! (right click on the header name to open it directly in VS2003).

-- I just started with DarkSDK, by translating DBP Projects. --
Mr Squishy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Barnski

Some days the cascading moments which constitute my experience dissolve to reveal a sense of clarity which transcends reasoning.
And then there are days like today.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 06:58:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 06:58:58