Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Cartography Shop importer for DGSDK users

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 03:44
Referal -> http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=72931&b=13&p=0

Not double posting, just that if you rarely look in Cartography Shop forum, this is where the library is.

All the best people.. and enjoy!

Home of the Cartography Shop - DarkBASIC Professional map importer
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Paul,

I haven't tried it yet, but many thanks for this and mega kudos for making this free.

I have played around with the CS demo in the past and it looked like a good tool, so being able to get things into the sdk may very well clinch it for me.

I assume from your post that the lib only handles cs4 files, not 3dws, right?

Thanks again.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 12:03
Yeah, that's right at the moment, only CS4 and CS4.1 files. I did make a start on the 3DWS version but it seems that .DBO support seems quite good for 3DWS, so although my importer has the added advatage of property querying and pivots etc, thought the .DBO stuff seemed adequite.

I may still continue the importer update to handle these files though, specially for backward compatability for people still using the original importer.

Paul.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 13:24
awesome job apex, as always.
now we just need to make a .NET dgsdk from the dgsdk and all will be well

FREE Automatic file updates for your distributed Games and Apps - see Program Announcements Forum - DBP Demo
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 13:34
Hehe, the time is upon us... the end is nigh.. and all that jazz

Cheers buddy!!

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 14:11
Yeah this should come in handy if the SDK ever gets up to par with DBP. Then I may buy it now that the licensing is straightened out. They may have to anti-up though N3D is coming along nicely and it works with several free compilers.

Quote: "I did make a start on the 3DWS version but it seems that .DBO support seems quite good for 3DWS, so although my importer has the added advatage of property querying and pivots etc, thought the .DBO stuff seemed adequite."

Don't forget the best function of your importer of all ... the ability to turn each group into it's own object. Right now the dbo exporter makes one huge object with lots of limbs. And DBP's limb commands suck. I am trying to talk anyone I can into making an exporter than makes a seperate dbo object for each group like your importer does. I think ReFaze is having a go at it.

Just remember, you make it and I'll buy it. Your support and ease of use for your products are the best I've seen. Glad to see you dropping in again.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 16:21
You have a point L.I.T. I've not given up on the idea for a 3DWS importer, but if as you say, there is a big call for it, I'll do it.

Paul.

P.S. Many thanks for the compliments, it's very much appreciated, and your support in the past has helped me a great deal. You won't be forgotten mate

x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
LiT had convenienced me to buy the 3dws imported,awhile back. You just havent released it for me to buy it.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 19:28
I had planned on doing so, but a new job position came up etc and things just got overwhelmed, but I'm hopeful that this will be rectified in the near future.

Paul.

Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 23:26
Hi,

Cool.

Quick question - is it possible to add a .map file to a VS project as a resource, then use your stuff to load the map that way (basically to save shipping the map+textures 'open' along side the exe)?

Or alternatively, could the maps be scrambled or password protected in someway, hmmmm...

Cheers
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 02:02
As a resource, this isn't supported at the moment. There is the csmMakeCSMFromMemblock function which basically takes an existing memblock containing the .CSM file, so if your able to store your .CSM map file as a compressed data stream in a PAK file and load it into a memblock, you can use it this way. Only thing to remember is that texture files are stored separately and still need to be locatable just as if you were loading a normal map file from disk. In the DBP version of the importer, I added support for allowing map files to be included as part of the media collection, but I'm not sure how this is done with the DGSDK. Infact I don't know if this is even supported as standard. If it is and I know how it's done, I'll make the appropriate changes to the library.

Paul.

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 03:24
Im making an alternative dbo exporter now. I was on the verge of making a memblock mesh and just putting that in a huge file, but I might still do dbo, depends which one is faster, making multiple meshes from memblocks, or loading dbo objects. that's why i was wondering exactly how apex was texturing different faces in dbp using memblocks, is there a pointer to the object data, or is it limbed up some kind of way? because i dont see how you can texture parts of a mesh, if the whole mesh is a single limb. but hey apex is a superhero not like the rest of us, so he probably found out how.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 22:39:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 22:39:01